Hi Everyone

tak123
tak123 Posts: 32 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
I'm 26 years old, I'm 5'6'', and I weigh 161 lbs. I want to lose weight and get fit for my wedding in July. I want to lose at least 20 pounds by then. I hope this works because my relationship with diets has been up and down. I lose weight, then gain it all right back again. I usually need motivation to stay on track because I get lazy. I hope talking to you all helps!

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Hi there, join a challenge on here. There is a new one just started today called 6 week challenge Spring into Fitness. It's a great way to keep motivated, challenged and be accountable. We are posting our weigh today and we weigh in every Monday. We just ended a 30 day challenge and I lost 8 lbs. I don't think I could have done this on my own. Having the support of others is great! Good luck to you:)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    It's all about making lifestyle changes as opposed to dieting :) You'll get there! You can add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • dawnnab
    dawnnab Posts: 2
    Well congradulation !! The key is to not think DIET .. Think good choices !! once we thing diet we automaticly thing we are doing with out , but its about making good choices . so if you really want a treat . plan for it and make a healthy choice . You can do this . Keeping a daily log like this program really lets u see some of the sill choices we all make. some time all the little "snacks" we have really add up to a meal when you look at the big picture of the day .
  • mvisscher
    mvisscher Posts: 4 Member
    Hi. I started on the 17 Day Diet from Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil which is basically low carb and mostly protein. I tried Atkins and failed miserably. This diet allows you to eat fruit @ breakfast and lunch and mostly veggies and lean protein. I am drinking at least (8) 8oz glasses of water each day too. I think this is why I am not hungry. First 3 days I lost 4.5 lbs but then fell of the wagon at a party over this past weekend and gained 1 lb back but back at it today. My diet partner @ work has lost 9lbs. in about a week. Funny thing is that I don't really crave the carbs like when I tried Atkins and I am full. Good luck!:
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Like the other ladies have said...don't think of it as a diet...think of it as a lifestyle change. Anytime we say we're gonna lose weight for a specific event, it can set us up to relax the standard once the day has come and gone. You can do this, and we can give you lots of support. Good luck on your journey.
  • tak123
    tak123 Posts: 32 Member
    Good point!! Thanks ladies! When I think diet, I automatically think I have to deprive myself. Which I'm learning is not true. :)
This discussion has been closed.