Fruits?

Options
I have no problem getting my servings of vegetables in but I struggle to get even 1 serving of fruit in everyday. First, I don't like fruit nearly as much as veggies, and 2nd, I can't seem to get 2 servings of fruit in without going over on my sugar. Anyone know of some low sugar fruits aside from apples? Even most of the fruits that don't taste as sweet seem to have just as much sugar! It's frustrating.

Replies

• nhhartmann
    nhhartmann Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try berries - blueberries, strawberries and raspberries - I love them. Although, it'll cost ya but I feel like it's worth it because I love them so much.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    But sugar from fruits is good for you, don't sweat it! enjoy your fruits!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Going over your sugar isn't horrible as long as your eating the right foods. Fruits are a healthy sugar. Now if you were drinking 5 cans of regular coke or dew each day, thats not a GREAT way to add sugar up! I often go over on sugar and carbs due to apples and bananas daily!
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Most fruits are higher in sugar than veggies. It's good to have a serving or two a day, but don't beat yourself up. Eating something you have to force yourself to eat will only cause problems. Load up on the veggies, especially the ones you like. Don't feel guilty about not eating fruit if you don't like it as long as your are getting all your nutrients and meeting your calorie goals for the day.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    The natural sugars found in fruits, veggies and milk all count towards carbs, not sugar. I changed my sugar number to 30g. I count only added sugars and do my damnedest to stay under that number. I subtract all natural sugars.

(but they aren't freebies!)