God is good!! I found Almond Milk!

Options
dian1227
dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
OMG...I can't believe how good it is, and how many less calories it has than even skim milk. I've never been a milk drinker but with smoothies and such...I've begun using it, but geez there's a alot of calories to something that tastes like crap. HA!!

Blessings,

Diane

Replies

• mkskippy24
    Options
    I've been using Almond Milk for months now, and I LOVE it. MUCH better than skim milk, and makes a great night time snack with a little low cal Hershey's Choc syrup!!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Glad you like it! My taste buds are still getting used to the nutty aftertaste. But you totally pulled me into your thread with the "God is good!" part. Yes He is!! ♥
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to have to try it. I absolutely love silk light milk and I've never been a milk drinker my whole life! The silk milk is only 60 cal per serving with 6 gms of protein but I think the almond milk is even lower in calories although the protein isn't nearly as good. Enjoy~
  • LauraJane1112
    LauraJane1112 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Silk Coconut milk in vanilla is great also! I love the thickness of the almond milk... makes me feel like I am drinking a milkshake. I use it in my coffee and plan to make some smoothies with it also.

Yes! It is really, really good!:happy:
  • faeryluvr
    faeryluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love it and It's the only "milk" I can stomach, since I'm lactose intolerant regular milk tears my insides up.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Almond milk?! Is it in the fridges with the regular milk, or did you go to a specialty shop for it?! I want to try it...
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I bought it the other day and though I didn't like drinking it with just some Nesquick (I usually drink a small glass of chocolate milk after a workout) - I did put it in my smoothie today and it was a great alternative. Plus I checked the date and thankfully it last longer than regular milk which is good since I'm the only one drinking it!
  • LauraJane1112
    LauraJane1112 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I get mine at Wal-Mart in the Dairy section.
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    CurriedGrasshopper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    In my grocery store the almond milk is located by the chocolate milk syrup and the teas & coffees. I may have to try it with all these rave reviews I've been seeing!
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Almond milk?! Is it in the fridges with the regular milk, or did you go to a specialty shop for it?! I want to try it...

I find it refrigerated by the soy milk, and they also sell it in the asle in a carton with the rice milk and such.
  • faeryluvr
    faeryluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options

You can get it in most grocery stores and it's usually next to the soy milk products and sometimes you can find it with the milk. Also, they come flavored or original. I prefer original since I don't like adding different flavors to my cereal (which is what I usually use it for).
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I might have to try it next time I go shopping.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I used to love whole milk and would drink a gallon every two days. But then one day my body broke down and my Doctor told me NO more dairy. I freaked out. I tried all the non-dairy substitutes and didn't like Silk( this was before they came out with Almond milk) and I tried a few other and still was not happy with the taste of any of them till I found Blue Diamond Almond milk in vanilla. That stuff is so good. I get to have my morning cereal again. I love cereal. My husband on the other hand can still drink real milk and really doesn't like the almond milk. So I think it is all a mater of taste buds. But I agree with you Almond milk rocks.
  • skinnyme125
    Options
    I used to love whole milk and would drink a gallon every two days. But then one day my body broke down and my Doctor told me NO more dairy. I freaked out. I tried all the non-dairy substitutes and didn't like Silk( this was before they came out with Almond milk) and I tried a few other and still was not happy with the taste of any of them till I found Blue Diamond Almond milk in vanilla. That stuff is so good. I get to have my morning cereal again. I love cereal. My husband on the other hand can still drink real milk and really doesn't like the almond milk. So I think it is all a mater of taste buds. But I agree with you Almond milk rocks.
  • captainlindarg
    captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yay! I discovered I love almond milk when I was vegan for half a second (lol.) I really like the way it tastes! I'm also a fan of soy milk in my latte -- way less calories!
  • captainlindarg
    captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Also, I prefer the Pacific Foods stuff to Blue Diamond. Less sugar (unless you buy unsweetened) and I like the taste better.
  • skinnyme125
    Options

You can get it in most grocery stores and it's usually next to the soy milk products and sometimes you can find it with the milk. Also, they come flavored or original. I prefer original since I don't like adding different flavors to my cereal (which is what I usually use it for).

I get the Blue Diamond Almond milk in vanilla in the grocery store next to the organic stuff. It is not in a fridge and doesn't need refrigerated till opened. It has a good shelf life. It is in a carton not a jug. It is a blue box.
  • bitteninmd
    bitteninmd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love the almond milk with cereal as a evening snack. :):smile:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to have to try it. I absolutely love silk light milk and I've never been a milk drinker my whole life! The silk milk is only 60 cal per serving with 6 gms of protein but I think the almond milk is even lower in calories although the protein isn't nearly as good. Enjoy~

I have drank both. And the Almond original has just 60 calories as well, or you can get the unsweetened and it only has 35 cal.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options

You can get the silk variety of almond milk even at Walmart.
    I get the Blue Diamond Almond milk in vanilla in the grocery store next to the organic stuff. It is not in a fridge and doesn't need refrigerated till opened. It has a good shelf life. It is in a carton not a jug. It is a blue box.