Ready to cry....distracted!

Options
Ok so I have been doing VERY well on the exercise side of things. I hit the gym daily for at least 45 minutes to an hour. I either do cardio, or my cycle class. Once a week I go to strength traning also for an hour. Why in the he*l am I gaining weight? I mean come on? What the frick?

I dont hit fast food anymore...soda is almost gone completely....
Isnt this a big enough difference for me to see it?

The two things I honestly am slacking on is water...lately its been 50-60oz only..and sometimes I go a tad over my calories.

A few people have said they can see a difference in my face and my middle section, and hubbs said last night in my booty. :noway:

So ok if I am losing inches why is scale going up? So pissed!!!!!

Replies

• chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    Ok so I have been doing VERY well on the exercise side of things. I hit the gym daily for at least 45 minutes to an hour. I either do cardio, or my cycle class. Once a week I go to strength traning also for an hour. Why in the he*l am I gaining weight? I mean come on? What the frick?

I dont hit fast food anymore...soda is almost gone completely....
    Isnt this a big enough difference for me to see it?

The two things I honestly am slacking on is water...lately its been 50-60oz only..and sometimes I go a tad over my calories.

A few people have said they can see a difference in my face and my middle section, and hubbs said last night in my booty. :noway:

So ok if I am losing inches why is scale going up? So pissed!!!!!
  • YogaBooty
    Options
    dont worry! you're probably gaining muscle weight! Muscle weighs 2x as much as fat does but burns more calories :)
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    what is your daily caloric intake? are you eating your exercise calories?
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Muscle weight! Don't worry too much...it's typical when you first start working out so hard! If you know you're losing inches and people can already see it on you...then BE HAPPY!!! Keep working at it and the pounds will start coming off as well. YOU CAN DO IT!

Cheers :drinker:
    Dani
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain :sad: the same thing is happening to me.
    I just keep telling myself that I need to give this an honest shot for awhile.
  • HustleRose
    Options
    Try tracking your sodium if you don't already, too. You could be retaining water, especially if you're slacking on drinking some.

Anything prepackaged or canned, even the healthiest foods, can be loaded with sodium, which causes you to retain more water, so if that is the case you should try to reduce the sodium and drink more water to flush out the water your body is holding on to. That sodium and water weight can make a huge difference.
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Drink water, your 8 cups/day plus extra during your workouts. It makes a huge difference. I just started on this diet and I have been thinking that the exercise calories are way too much so I am not going to eat them all except for certain occasions. Are you eating all your exercise calories?

My friend started running with me this summer and she was trying to lose weight. She gained for the first bit even with all the running. After a couple of weeks, she started to lose again and did great.

Kim
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I just started on this diet and I have been thinking that the exercise calories are way too much so I am not going to eat them all except for certain occasions. Are you eating all your exercise calories?

You need to be eating all of your exercise calories. There are several posts on here explaining why!! If you don't you could be putting yourself into starvation mode!! Take advantage of all that extra food you get to eat. If it's a new concept...it's hard to grasp!! But from someone that struggled to lose 10 lbs last year in ten months only to gain it all back...and then after joining this site have lost 16 lbs in 2 months!!! The plan this site gives you REALLY DOES WORK!!! Eat those extra calories...it truly will help!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I do agree that I should eat my exercise calories but on my 10km run tonight I supposedly burned 986 calories...my friend has a heart rate monitor that does calorie values and when she uses it on our 10km runs, she only burns about 400 calories which seems a bit more realistic to me. I can easily fit another 400 calories into my day but 900 is a little too much...I only want to lose about 2 pounds/week so that it stays off ...I guess when I do my first weigh in next week I will have a better idea of how I am doing in terms of eating my exercise calories.

Thanks for the advice though, it's so nice to hear how successful you have been in the past two months, that is amazing!!

Kim