Fastest 5 mile run in 12 years!

Options
Back in high school I used to run cross country and although I wasnt very good it did kick my butt into shape. 12 years later I didnt run at all till mid January - Fastest I had been able to get up to was 5 miles in 52 mins 30 secs and last night i pushed myself to do a little better and I did

5 miles in 49 mins and 40 secs!! I couldnt help but smile the last 10 mins of the workout.

It was on an elliptical with the Hill Plus settings so I am quite proud!! Then I guess luck would have it I got instant happyness this morning when my work pants were incredibly loose! lol

So i pose this question - what have all of you done as you loose weight regarding clothes? Esp work clothes.. i work in a corporate office and so I need to look nice but I am no where near what I want to be (weight wise) so I dont want to keep spending tons of money on clothes i will hopefully get too small for.

Thanks!! Hope everyone is having a great monday!!

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!

As far as clothes, I make a list of staples- Grey pants, grey skirt, shells for sweaters/cardigans, jeans and try to get these on sale at Sears every couple of months.

Also if you set up a board/thread, I bet you could set up a clothes swap on here.
  • melly424
    melly424 Posts: 23
    Options
    Great job on the run! :wink:
    I have lost almost 20 pounds which has taken me down 1 clothing size. Like you, it isn't where I want to be, but headed in the right direction. Right now, I am wearing the same pants that used to be tight on me, but using a belt to hold them up.:happy: In probably anothe 10 pounds I am going to have to buy some more. I plan on checking out Goodwill and other resale type stores. I don't want to invest in a lot of money for new clothes that I won't wear too long. Garage sale season is coming up too. So, I plan on buying as many "like new' clothes as possible.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I wear a nice pants of black pants that have elastic in the waist -- they used to be tight... now they sag in the butt and the elastic is not tight (ok I need new pants)
    I also wear alot of stretchy shirts... so they dont show the weight loss as much

Im cheap ... dont wanna buy new clothes until I am 2 sizes down!
    I started at a 22/24
    I am quite close to a 16 right now... :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Do you sew or having any friends that can sew? A nip and tuck here and there can make a big difference in the way clothes fit, and extend their wear-ability as you shrink. I have no idea what a tailor would charge, but that might be worth it, too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!