Change is needed

olowra
olowra Posts: 4 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Everyone,

I am not totally new to fitness pal as I have entered foods and exercise in past, but, i am new to the "community" of fitness pal.

I am 26 years of age, have high blood pressure (160/90) don't do exercise, don't drink water and have not cut salt out of my diet...
I know, I know..... all bad things.

Anyway, last week I was feeling extremely dizzy and totally flat and lethargic. I have decided that a change needs to be done.

So today is day one. I have a bottle of water sitting next to me at work and my lunch is a fantastic salad I made this morning. Fruit and some plain yoghurt is also packed in the lunch bag.

The only thing left is exercise..... hmmmmmm. One thing that has never come naturally to me... arghhhhhh
Having said that, I will try! 20 min walk after work.

I hope I can change my habits and become a healthy, fit chicky babe.

I will be keeping a blog and hope that I can stick to a good routine. I hope to lose 10-15 pounds in the process for my brothers wedding in December.

Replies

• dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Start off slowly. The 20 minute walk sounds like a good place to start. Find a way to incorporate it into your daily routine. After a bit, increase to 30 minutes. Walking with small hand weights and lifting those can help with the muscle tone and calorie burn. Absolutely, cut back on the sodium. It's not good for your blood pressure and causes the body to retain water. Modify your diet slowly, so it's not so overwhelming or a shock to your system. Soon, it will all become second nature for you. Good luck on your journey. To your health...
  • olowra
    olowra Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks dababers! I will let you know how i go!
This discussion has been closed.