pear shape problem

Options
I have lost all the weight i want to on the top half of me, got a nice sized waist and arms.

My problem starts with the hips then my bum and thighs (inner and outer) i just cant shift the fat!
I know i cannot change my body shape but is there anything you can suggest to get the bottom part of me toned/smaller?
i want to lose another 7lbs preferably only in my problem areas

Replies

• SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    I have the same problem so would be happy to here any advice ;-)
  • chelseaa090
    chelseaa090 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yep me too. Bump!!!!
  • johalliwell
    johalliwell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    to change your body shape you need to do weights and i am not talking heavy body building weights but heavy enough for you and repetition do alot of squats and lunges with these weights to build muscle in this area and reduce the fat and it will change your body shape i do a class called pump and this changes your body shape
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    to change your body shape you need to do weights and i am not talking heavy body building weights but heavy enough for you and repetition do alot of squats and lunges with these weights to build muscle in this area and reduce the fat and it will change your body shape i do a class called pump and this changes your body shape

Women can lift heavy weight without becoming huge. It's very difficult for women to become "body builders" without the help of illegal "supplements". I do 20 reps of the heaviest weight I can and I increase it every week. I'm not getting big, I'm not even gaining muscle because I'm eating a caloric deficit. If you're eating at a deficit you won't gain muscle, I promise! Well, maybe a teeny bit, but it's very hard to do. You have to eat in excess of your maintenance calories and a significant portion of that has to be protein. It's not easy to build muscle, so don't worry. Lifting light weight does nothing for your body, it's really pointless. Lift heavy. You'll gain strength and really using your muscles will help you burn fat. Just make sure to drink a whey protein shake that uses real sugar, not artificial sweeteners, immediately after working out. Your muscles need to sugar to replenish their glycogen stores. It will help them repair themselves and recover faster and will prevent them from burning themselves.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem! I'm now wearing a UK size 10 on top, and I'm a good size 12 on the bottom half! I've always had a big bum though, and there's always been a difference in size between my top and my bottom.

I recently was recommended a 10 Minute Solutions DVD that works on your bum, belly and thighs and I've been doing it for a week now... I've already lost an inch off my thighs. If you alter your workouts to focus more on toning your bottom half it should, in theory, work. Try cycling for a while too :smile:

If you're a member of a gym, speak to one of the trainers there to see if they can tailor your workout to best suit your needs!
  • kerryannediet
    kerryannediet Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for advice all!
    I will post and let you all know how i get on.
    will measure myself later and do this every 2 weeks to see any difference. fingers crossed!!
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have lost all the weight i want to on the top half of me, got a nice sized waist and arms.

My problem starts with the hips then my bum and thighs (inner and outer) i just cant shift the fat!
    I know i cannot change my body shape but is there anything you can suggest to get the bottom part of me toned/smaller?
    i want to lose another 7lbs preferably only in my problem areas

I have read that this is typical for women. We tend to lose first in our faces, then our chests, then our waists, then our bottom half of our bodies. It does even out eventually! Don't give up! The best is coming....it is just "behind" you! Sorry, couldn't resist!
  • evedavies
    evedavies Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Me to!!!!
  • chelseaa090
    chelseaa090 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    glad to hear shape can be changed :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I do almost no lifting at all! I know I need to change that, but without a gym I'm not sure how. I can only afford a barbell or 2 every month or so.

Right now I am focused on eating well and continuing my cardio. I do bodyweight exercises from bodyrock.tv in hopes that might help supplement my weight lifting. I sweat more during the bodyweight stuff in 10 minutes than during a 45 minute run, I burn way less calories, but it feels great.

I'm tired of my bum, it's big and not responding to the weight loss at all :laugh:
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    BUMP! I'm in the same situation. I'm pretty much skinny on top but would like to lose some fat in my thighs and butt. I've been running and doing squats and lunges and have gotten some results. It's very little, but I think as long as you stick with the combination of cardio and weight training, the fat will eventually come off (or at least I hope so!!). It's a slow and steady process for us pear shaped people =)