PROTEIN!!

Options
How bad is it if i go over on protein? i am -27 for today but under my daily calorie goal..help please!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I've heard on the boards here that you should get a gram of protein for every pound at the goal weight you set. So for me it would be 145lbs = 145grams of protein. MFP has me set lower than this so I dont' worry too much when I go over!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    You will be fine, remember all your muscles in your body are made from protien, it won't hurt you to go over. Much better to be over on protien then to be over on carbs.
  • tinaharrison1
    Options
    I read that too much extra protein can be taxing on the kidneys, but I'm thinking this is huge amounts of excess protein. Make sure you are getting your 8 glasses + more water to help the kidneys flush out what the body doesn't use.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    If your body can't use the protein it will store it as fat. I go over on my protein as well and continue to lose weight and tone muscle. I think the recommendation is low.
  • thomasmarnold
    Options
    Don't worry at all, especially if you are working out. Your muscles need the protein to build the lean muscle that will burn the fat. MFP sets the protein level % too low in my opinion based on everything that I have read. Better to go over in protein than Fat or Sugar or Carbs.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Extra protein should not be a problem at all unless you have kidney problems. High protein is great for your muscles and keeping you full.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    i go over mine everyday....i dont worry bout it so much....
  • JessicaBuff
    JessicaBuff Posts: 233
    Options
    Thanks yall!! You guys helped ease my mind = ) You all are simply the best! :happy: