billy blanks tae bo

mssugarca
mssugarca Posts: 75
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok so I am searching around for some new video's to do at home and am thinking about buying tae bo. I remember it was the new hottest thing back in 96 ish.....anyone tried it or have any other suggestions on all cardio dvds. not strength.

the video's I currently have and am using are

Jilliam Micheals 30 day shred
Jillian Micheals No more trouble Zones

p90X Kempo X
p90X cardio X

I am going to pick up some more Jillian Micheals for strength training but I would like to get some more 60 minute cardio video's that I can do before my Jillian micheals dvds.

Let me know what your using at home and what is working for you :)

Replies

• etherah
    etherah Posts: 83 Member
    I'm doing Chalean Extreme and love it! It's mostly weights with some cardio thrown in. I recommend it!
  • lisajpeoples
    lisajpeoples Posts: 6 Member
    Love all billy blanks tae bo videos! He will kick your butt.... I know he does mine! Also the videos with Bob off the biggest loser will give you a great workout.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    i actually love billy blanks tae bo. i totally got the dvd set for christmas lol :)
    its a great workout! i really feel it after i get done. and it's a lot of fun.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    I have Billy Blanks bootcamp workout. I have only tired the beginner one and it really is a good workout.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Back in 96 I was in middle school and I LOVED Billy's Tae Bo. I rented it on VHS from the library for weeks on end and did it after school with a classmate. Then we even taught the video to our gym class later that year, and the class of teenagers were unable to keep up!

There is a lot of kicking and fast movement, it was really, really great. Recently (maybe 4 years ago) I bought Billy Blanks Boot Camp and it is not similar to Tae Bo at all. I liked Tae Bo much much more.

For cardio I like nothing more than to get outside and run. It is the strength training that is hard for me to deal with. I like to do a short workout from Bodyrock.tv for my strength training. It doesn't usually involve weights, but uses the weight of your body instead.

Remembering Tae Bo, it was a lot of movement, but also a lot of squats, kicks, punches. I could see that as cardio for sure. I don't remember the length of the video.
  • I absolutely love Billy Blanks Tae Bo! It feels amazing doing it!
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    If you are going to try tae bo I would suggest the bootcamp. It comes with billy bands that have one pound weights. The bootcamp is three dvd's . Two are for the whole body and the third is for your abs.
    I also do the 30 day shred. Billy's boot camp work outs are an hour long. I personally like them
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    I just started week 4 of Turbo Fire & love it! I have done the Tae Bo boot camp videos. I've also done the 30 Day Shred and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism with Jillian Michaels. All have their pros & cons, but the Turbo Fire series are more enjoyable for me & really mix things up!!
  • I just started TurboFire about 3 weeks ago with Chalene Johnson and I LOVE IT! The most fun I have ever had doing a work out and it is all cardio except for a couple strength/toning workouts. The workouts aren't that long and they go by fast, plus the music is amazing. It is a beachbody product and it cost about $130 but it is well worth it. If you search it on you tube you can see some results and success videos. I have already lost 2.5 lbs even though I only need to lose about 10 but I'm really happy with it. Let me know if you have any more questions about it, I'd be glad to help you out!

Jessica
  • danniwhit
    danniwhit Posts: 63 Member
    I have tried the Billy Blanks This is Tae Bo and Billy Blanks Bootcamp....I like the Tae Bo a lot, and the boot camp one has a few of the tae bo moves in it also but includes some sit ups, push ups etc. I also like Biggest Loser Cardio Max dvd.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    I love Tae Bo! I have the old VHS series and a couple of his newer stuff. The older advanced version is my favorite. What a full body workout!
  • momofcami
    momofcami Posts: 45
    I've been doing Tae Bo for about four weeks, usually around 5-6 times a week. I love it! I've lost a total of 10 pounds and several inches. I feel great. Don't know what kind of results others are seeing - but I was not very fit when i first started (after day 1 I couldnt walk properly for two days) and so I imagine the changes would be more pronounced on someone like me versus somebody who is already relatively fit.
    At any rate, Billy Blanks is such an inspiring guy. I totally appreciate his personality and he honestly helps me get through those moments where i just feel like sitting down. When I'm done with the workout, I feel AMAZING. Full of energy, totally limber. Because there's a lot of punching and kicking, I also feel like I've released a lot of stress during my 30-45 minute workout.

* There is such a HUGE collection of Tae Bo videos out there - I've been rotating between Bootcamp Cardio Inferno (approx 45 minutes) and Tae Bo Cardio (approx 30 minutes).
  • wanitalilly
    wanitalilly Posts: 108
    I love tae bo!!
  • mssugarca
    mssugarca Posts: 75
    wow thanks for all your input I just ordered tao bo amped hope it's good....I got a used one on amazon for $15 normally $45 so it should come in a week or so......love to hear all the stuff that is working. I really want to try turbo fire but $130 is a little much right now......
This discussion has been closed.