Indoor bike reccomendations?

Options
smareeh
smareeh Posts: 117 Member
Likes? dislikes?

Replies

• imgonnawin
    Options
    Much harder than treadmill and burns twice as many calories!! Hate it but you get more out of it for some reason!
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    I ride 8 miles a day on my stationary bike and I love it!! Ive lost 24 pounds since Jan 1. Great advantage when you dont have a gym membership, cold or hot weather and when you just dont want to leave the house. I keep it in the living room so I see it and it reminds me to get on. I ride wheile I watch tv.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Get the best you can afford, the "spinning" class type of bikes are the best, but they cost a pretty penny too. Check out craigslist in your area.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Love the peddling. Love that I can do almost 10 miles in 40 mins now. Love just dripping with sweat by the time I'm done. HATE the wedgie that I get after every 40 minute bike/cardio session. If you're buying one, get one with a REALLY good seat. It's worth it. But since I use the ones at the gym, I can't be choosy.
  • strongdog68
    Options
    I bought a spin bike from Sams (Horizon) about a year ago, and I love it. Got it for around $399.00. It was originally priced at $599.00, but kept coming down in price until I couldn't resist. It was easy to assemble, and it can be quickly adjusted to the size of each particular rider. It also does not take up much space.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    If you already have a bike you love, consider getting a trainer. Then you can ride your own bike indoors.
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    What kind do you all have?