Finished my first 5k w/pic

Options

Replies

• rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great work! I just started the C25K today. I started on Week 4, because I've been using the treadmill for the past month and I'm hoping to do a 5K at the end of April. I'm just hoping to have my time under 40 minutes!
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    well done, I'm doing my first ever run, doing 5K in May ;-)
  • RatBoyGL
    RatBoyGL Posts: 100
    Options
    Great work! I just started the C25K today. I started on Week 4, because I've been using the treadmill for the past month and I'm hoping to do a 5K at the end of April. I'm just hoping to have my time under 40 minutes!

Your goal for the treadmill should be just over 4.7 MPH in that case. 4.7 MPH would put you right around 40 minutes for 3.1 Miles.

You can do it!!
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news! I'm working on completing a 5K before the end of the summer.

God Bless!

Shawn
  • I'm training for a 5k right now and let's just say, I am not the best runner out there, but I have always been jealous of runners! :) They are so strong and are so motivated. There aren't any actual 5k races in my little town though.. :(

Great job! You are really inspirational :)
  • trickyfoxster710
    trickyfoxster710 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    that is awesome congrats!
  • etroupe
    etroupe Posts: 54
    Options
    Great job!! now you are hooked for life, I know I was after my first 5k!
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! That's so great girl!
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a 5k right now and let's just say, I am not the best runner out there, but I have always been jealous of runners! :) They are so strong and are so motivated. There aren't any actual 5k races in my little town though.. :(

Great job! You are really inspirational :)

thank you. I have always been jealous of runners too! when i was a kid my dad ran long distances but he hurt himself pretty bad and gained a ton of weight so i have always been afraid of running but he is helping me through it.
  • yummymammy
    yummymammy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats, bet you felt on top of the world. I finished my first 5k (just a few seconds under 30 mins) yesterday and did another again today...I still on a high and so proud of myself so I know how you feel. Well done again!!!!
  • amo13
    amo13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm sign up for a 5 k in June- you are total inspiration!! :)
  • maipai21
    maipai21 Posts: 146
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations!
  • sweetstuff825
    Options
    Great job! :-)
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! And I agree, finishing a race is SUCH a tremendous feeling of accomplishment.
  • Chrizzle21
    Chrizzle21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Today was an incredible day for me i woke up and weighed in and 55lbs lost today and left to go run my first 5k I finished in 29:45!!!!! i've been training to get it under 30 minutes but i never expected to do it! For anyone who wants a major self esteem booster do a 5k i feel on top of the world!

194986_1786380412104_1017334880_2066525_6893843_o.jpg
    i look like i just ran 3.1 miles at 9:35 a mile!

DAYUM Girl! I've been doing 5K's almost every weekend since October and I haven't gotten under 30minutes yet - GOOD FOR YOU!!!
  • bitteninmd
    bitteninmd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way too Go!! I'm trying to do the same thing, Get it down to under thirty minutes for a Breast Cancer 5K walk in October with my Son and his girlfriend. It definitely gives me a reason to get on the elliptical.
  • sweetfeet320
    sweetfeet320 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That's Great!!! Congrats!
  • crnorwood
    crnorwood Posts: 29
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats to you!!!
    I will be doing my first 5K on Mothers Day weekend. I'm so excited and kind of nervous too! :)
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    GREAT job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!