Please explain NET calories to me....

Options
Thanks in advance,
Debbie

Replies

• Clipickett
    Clipickett Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Net Calories= Calories eaten - Calories excercised.
  • darrenw74
    darrenw74 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Calories from food, minus the calories burned from exercise.

To me, net calories is the number one most important thing to watch.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Net calories is as follows:

Number of calories eaten in a day -MINUS- number of calories burned through exercise = # of net calories consumed

**It is important to "NET" close to your goal amount. So.... if your goal is 1200 and your burn 400 exercising. That would be a net calorie intake of 800. So you would have to eat 400 more calories to net 1200 calories. It is important to stay close to your net goal so you don't go into starvation mode. I used to not eat my exercise calories and my goal was 1200. I was netting only 700-800 calories a day. I stopped losing all together. Once I increased my calorie intake I started losing again. Your net calorie intake is always displayed at the top of your home page. It confused me at first too.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    This topic will escalate into me bringing forth The URL eventually. I'll just take the necessary precautions and post ahead of schedule. Links to related topics and info are provided in the second screen.

http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Especially to those who took the time to send me a personal message.