post workout cappachino shake

Options
FitBride080611
FitBride080611 Posts: 60 Member
I really enjoy a post workout whey protein shake when i get home from the gym--especially after a heavy lifting session. I normally just mix 1 scoop of choclate whey or vanilla with 8oz skim milk. Well I discovered the best one yet--

1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
8oz skim milk
1tsp-1 TBS (depending on your preference) instant coffee (dry)
~4oz water

I use a shaker cup/blender bottle that has the little ball inside to mix it well, but I suppose you could blend it with ice or just blend it in a blender/magic bullet

I'm telling you tho...if you like ice coffee/cappachino, this is the shake for you. Plus, you get an added energy surge with the coffee!! MMMmmmm mmm

Replies

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    bYUMp!! thank you :flowerforyou:
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! Thank you for sharing!
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! What is the nutritional value on that? I think I am going to go buy those ingredients! Thanks :happy:
  • FitBride080611
    Options
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (I use generic Top Care brand) = 110 cals, 20 g protein
    8oz skim milk= 80 cals, 8g protein
    instant coffee= negligible cals (like 2)

:happy:
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (I use generic Top Care brand) = 110 cals, 20 g protein
    8oz skim milk= 80 cals, 8g protein
    instant coffee= negligible cals (like 2)

:happy:
    [/quote
    That is awesome thanks!!!]
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I wanna try this. I don't tend to keep instant coffee on hand since I work at a coffee shop and therefore get my ground coffee beans from there. Think it would still be as good?
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    In case it wasn't clear (because I can see how it might not have been haha), I am asking if it would still be as good with actual ground coffee. :-P
  • FitBride080611
    Options
    The instant kind is designed to dissolve in the water you make it with, so if you use dry regular coffee, I dont think it'll dissolve....BUT I'm sure you could take 4-6oz of brewed ice coffee and use that instead and it'll be fine...just I wouldnt add the extra water :)

Otherwise i'd be afriad you'll get a crunchy shake! :tongue: