Finished my first 5k w/pic

Options
13»

Replies

• lbarnett300
    Options
    Fantastic.. I just ran my second 5K....I still can't get under 30 minutes. My time last weekend was 33:15... I guess thats not to bad for someone who qualifies for the senior citizen discount
  • marapalumbo
    marapalumbo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is an incredible time! Good for you!
  • DaveNix
    DaveNix Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Look at that smile!
  • sacred81
    sacred81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first 5k this month...I hope I can I finish and look as happy as you afterwards : )
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Fantastic.. I just ran my second 5K....I still can't get under 30 minutes. My time last weekend was 33:15... I guess thats not to bad for someone who qualifies for the senior citizen discount

no thats actually pretty awesome i hope i can run like that when i qualify for a senior citizen discount!
  • McBoBo
    McBoBo Posts: 87
    Options
    Your accomplishment and progress is AMAZING!! Mucho kudos!! I bet you do feel amazing..keep it up!! :O)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    That does make a great day. Congratulations on your results!!!
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I agree (confidence booster). I did my 1st 5K in October 2010 and wanted to do it WITHIN 40 minutes (what I had been averaging when practicing at the gym).

I finished in 36:24.

This coming October, I'm striving to beat that time.
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    Great work! I just started the C25K today. I started on Week 4, because I've been using the treadmill for the past month and I'm hoping to do a 5K at the end of April. I'm just hoping to have my time under 40 minutes!

I'm doing my first 5k in May. I had to use my treadmill to train so I am hoping for good time. Good luck to you
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great work! I just started the C25K today. I started on Week 4, because I've been using the treadmill for the past month and I'm hoping to do a 5K at the end of April. I'm just hoping to have my time under 40 minutes!

I'm doing my first 5k in May. I had to use my treadmill to train so I am hoping for good time. Good luck to you

Thank you. Are you doing the C25K or are you just training on your own? Good luck to you and feel free to add me and we can keep pushing each other.
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well done that's a fabulous time and congratulations on your progress so far.

I'm doing the C25K training programme. I'm on week 3 (kind of) and I ran 4k in 29 minutes on Monday. On Saturday I ran 5K in 41. I'm doing the Race For Life 5K in May and hope to hit under 30 minutes too.
  • skeck
    skeck Posts: 46
    Options
    Congratulations! Running a 5K is a huge accomplishment! I've signed up for my first one and am hoping it will kick-start a more healthy running regimen!

Good for you, you've earned it!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and did such a great job!! That's a goal of mine as well!! Super fantastic!
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options

Thank you. Are you doing the C25K or are you just training on your own? Good luck to you and feel free to add me and we can keep pushing each other.

I just added you. I am training all on my own. i am trying to get in shape cause my oldest will be in kindergarten next year and i'll be walking with her to and from school.. and she wants to do the kids marathon we have here and a parent has to run with them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!