Another Newbie!!!

Options
On my 3rd day and gradually cutting down on the calories, looking forward to a weigh in at the end of the week...

I put on several pounds since quitting smoking some two years ago when I found out I was going to become a father. Since becoming a father it's been difficult finding the time to exercise (small children and communting up to 5hrs a day). My other Achiles Heels are red wine and the love of cooking.

I turn 40yo on April 2nd and have decided it's time to loose the weight and get myself healthy. I am already eating better than I have, bye bye junk food, bye bye Starbucks blueberry muffins, hello skimmed milk, hello Cholesterol lowering yoghurt. The wine only comes out at the weekend.

I've hit 200+ lbs and have never been so heavy, 1st goal is to get to 185lbs and then 175lbs.

Looking for tips, advice and motivation... Feel free to add.

Ian

Replies

• getson2010
    getson2010 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Ian! I know what you mean about the kids. Just tried to do a workout at home, and the kids were trying to climb on me. Lifting a four year old and a one year old while doing crunches... not easy. LOL I find that they enjoy going for walks with me, and at least that's some exercise. Every little bit counts. I think that you'll like it here. I've only been here for two weeks, and the people are supportive and wise. Good Luck on your fitness goals.

Annie :)
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Welcome to adulthood, parenthood, and all those other things that make us responsible for our actions...It doesn't mean we can't still have fun, so enjoy the site and the support and most of all the changes in your life. Children are awesome. Congratulations!