Chalean Extreme vs Turbo fire

Options
I am currently doing 30 day shred (its great btw) I was looking on these boards and seen a lot of people talking about these two programs. I want to lose 70 pounds so which one would benefit me more? I don't know much about these programs I do have a friend who has turbo jam. Advice please!

thanks!

Replies

• Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is more Intense Cardio with some strength training. Chalean Extreme is focused on Strength training with some cardio mixed in. Turbo Fire is to condition your heart and help your endurance and burn calories. Chalean Extreme concentrates on building muscle to help burn more calories.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I did Turbo Fire (fun, fun, fun...love it) from July until the end of February mixed in with some other things including 30 Day Shred. Now I'm doing Chalean Extreme because I'm close to goal and need to tone up. I'm not an expert but I think I would do Turbo Fire first because it's more cardio focused and burns a lot of calories. It does have a strength component to it but it wasn't my favorite on the Turbo Fire DVD's.
  • jeananndawson
    Options
    I just finished Chalene Extreme, now doing Turbo Fire, I love her!! However, I wish I would have done the Turbo first. Chalene Extreme is more strength training and muscle toning.
  • tneeland
    tneeland Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm doing both together and I love them.. I do turbo fire first and and only rest between the workouts are to switch the dvds. I do that so during strength training my heart rate is still kind of up. those are my morning workouts. I just received INSANITY and think i'm going to do that in the evening. Today is the fit test and it officially starts tomorrow.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm doing both together and I love them.. I do turbo fire first and and only rest between the workouts are to switch the dvds. I do that so during strength training my heart rate is still kind of up. those are my morning workouts. I just received INSANITY and think i'm going to do that in the evening. Today is the fit test and it officially starts tomorrow.

Wow! All those workouts...that's fantastic.
  • ambernwms
    ambernwms Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks so much I might try turbo fire. Those dvds are getting so expensive. =(