ever had an "it wasn't meant to be" moment?

Options
thecanface
thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
went to chic-fil-a for a salad today... the chargrilled chicken salad was 180 calories, and the southwest salad was 240.... they are both good and low calories, but of course the smarter decicion was the chargrilled salad (especially since i need more cals for dinner tonight) but i LOVE the flavors in the southwest salad!! i made my desicion that i was i going to be bad and get the southwest.. even though my brain was saying... chargrilled!!! less calories!! chargrilled!! less calories!!! but my heart was set.. so i go up to order and get this............they no longer had the southwest salad!!! i had to get the chargrilled which was still pretty yummy! it's almost like it wasn't meant for me to get the higher calorie salad..

ever had an "its wasnt meant to be moment?? don't they feel good?? lol

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Karma was looking out for you...giggle! I have had those kind of moments, at least thats what I tell myself:tongue:
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    all the time....everything happens for a reason moment as i call them...=)
  • jessica6335
    Options
    I had that same moment today for lunch! I stopped at Subway to grab a sub and saw that they had broccoli cheese soup. Immediately my head said "No way! Can you imagine how many calories are in that?" But I just kept thinking "But it's been SOOOO long since I've had it! One bowl won't be the end of the world!" So, the girl gets done with my sub and I ask for a bowl. She tells me she's not sure it's ready yet, may still even be cold, but she can heat up a bowl for me! I thanked her anyway and paid for ONLY my sub. I knew I wasn't suppose to have it and, even more, that I didn't need it! :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Definitely!

So... your restaurant was out of Chick Fil A doesn't carry that anymore? Just curious!
  • thecanface
    Options
    Definitely!

So... your restaurant was out of Chick Fil A doesn't carry that anymore? Just curious!

I think no one ever ordered it at that location so they stopped selling it there.. she said others do have it though!
  • thecanface
    Options
    I had that same moment today for lunch! I stopped at Subway to grab a sub and saw that they had broccoli cheese soup. Immediately my head said "No way! Can you imagine how many calories are in that?" But I just kept thinking "But it's been SOOOO long since I've had it! One bowl won't be the end of the world!" So, the girl gets done with my sub and I ask for a bowl. She tells me she's not sure it's ready yet, may still even be cold, but she can heat up a bowl for me! I thanked her anyway and paid for ONLY my sub. I knew I wasn't suppose to have it and, even more, that I didn't need it! :)

it's like someone's watching over us!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    wish i'd had one of those moments this morning when i grabbed a danish while half asleep :( wayyy over on my sugar today lol
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The Universe always comes through for us:)