How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Once a month.... I measure myself every 10 days tho.
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Every morning. I know that's not recommended, but I get off track if I don't. I don't worry about small fluctutions, though, since I know they're normal.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I started out weighing myself once a week "for real" and a few times in-between at the gym, but I didn't own a bathroom scale then. Since Dec 30 I've been weighing myself every day and recording the result in a spreadsheet, with a target curve. This works for me for the time being. I find watching the fluctuations quite interesting, even though 2 lbs up over the last day or two is disconcerting.
  • TranceGirl
    TranceGirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day (first thing in the morning) and I prefer it that way. The suspense in waiting a whole week is too much for me and I also have much higher expectations after a whole week of healthy eating. At least when I see the daily flux, I know what works for me and what doesn't since my body response quickly to a bad day lol

I weigh myself everyday too! I know we're not supposed to and it's true, whenever I see an extra pound I go crazy for the whole day. But like you said, I cannot stand the suspense of weighing myself once a week. Like you, my body responds really quickly to a bad day (sometimes a whole 2-3 pounds!) :sad:

Also, I have my scale in my bathroom and for as long as it stays there, I cannot NOT go on it every morning. I always read about featured ladies in SELF or Women's Health and they all say to throw away my scale... but I like my scale too much. How do they do it?!?!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    !x a month with measurements done by my dr.I`d wt everyday and drive myself nuts.
    Whatever works for you is the key.
  • Angela1303
    Angela1303 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    once every week, on a wed night! dont measure all the time either, if anything maybe every 6 weeks!
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    when I first started losing, I weighed everytime I walked past my hallway scale, but I had to stop that, cause I had a week where I lost nothing and I was totally bummed out. I'm now trying for once a week.
  • kallen02
    kallen02 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was also weighing in once a week but and yes it does fluxuate but I read in a study and talked to friends and family about this and they found weighing everyday at the exact same time can be helpful to you. If you are up in weight one day it most likely could be that your body is retaining water from the meal you ate the night before. It also helps you get a good idea of what your body holds onto and process quickly. I now use my WII fit to weigh in everyday and I have loved doing that. I has helped me cut way down on sodium intake and makes it harder to cheat when you know you are weighing in the next day instead of well I can eat this now because I still have 5 days to burn it. Hope this helps you a little.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a day, once after my first morning void and again right before I go to bed. I keep a sticky note on the bathroom wall and record the 2x daily weights on that. It helps me to realize that fluctuations are normal, and it keeps me in check as a reminder that I can't go overboard if I intend to reach my goal. I only offically record my weight every week, with measurements every 2 weeks. Also, when I weigh for the 2x a day, I do it with whatever clothes I happen to be wearing. When I do the official weight for the week, it's buck naked!
  • LazyMogg
    LazyMogg Posts: 162
    Options
    I usually weigh weekly as any longer is too long to wait and any sooner doesn't really show any change. I have, occasionally, left it for a couple of weeks though as I lose slowly.