Is this terrible?

Options
Ok so, Im just starting out with a new eating lifestyle so I am not really "off limiting" too much so long as I am staying roughly within my daily allowance ( I am very easily discouraged)

I know its important to try to eat all my calories but I am having a hard time staying under in protein and carbs when I increase my calories...

Tonight, I needed dessert, but I did not have much on hand so I tried to make something not so good into "better" for me

I took 1/4 cup of Friendly's Neopoliton Ice Cream
4 tbsp whipped lite topping

And I mashed it all together

I was....... fantastic. But it did put me over on some of my #s

Yet I am still under calories....I just cant win :(

Before my ice cream dish:
Total: 1,014 163 23 56
Your Daily Goal: 1,200 165 40 45
Remaining: 186 2 17 -11

After the ice cream:
Total: 1,084 171 27 58
Remaining: 116 -6 13 -13

I feel like a total cow w/ everything I am eating but somehow it works....just last week I lost 4.5lbs on WW before coming over here (eating basically the same way and same daily allowances)

So its 7pm and I have over 100 calories remaining but my carbs/protein are over!

Any high calorie, low carb and protein foods out there?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Jennifer

Replies

• DisneyBride13
    Options
    Ok so, Im just starting out with a new eating lifestyle so I am not really "off limiting" too much so long as I am staying roughly within my daily allowance ( I am very easily discouraged)

I know its important to try to eat all my calories but I am having a hard time staying under in protein and carbs when I increase my calories...

Tonight, I needed dessert, but I did not have much on hand so I tried to make something not so good into "better" for me

I took 1/4 cup of Friendly's Neopoliton Ice Cream
    4 tbsp whipped lite topping

And I mashed it all together

I was....... fantastic. But it did put me over on some of my #s

Yet I am still under calories....I just cant win :(

Before my ice cream dish:
    Total: 1,014 163 23 56
    Remaining: 186 2 17 -11

After the ice cream:
    Total: 1,084 171 27 58
    Remaining: 116 -6 13 -13

I feel like a total cow w/ everything I am eating but somehow it works....just last week I lost 4.5lbs on WW before coming over here (eating basically the same way and same daily allowances)

So its 7pm and I have over 100 calories remaining but my carbs/protein are over!

Any high calorie, low carb and protein foods out there?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Jennifer
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    You gotta eat more--and shouldn't be on a 1200 calorie deficit. Too young and not that much to lose--you should be looking at about 1400 or so a day.

Anyway, try Peanut, Nuts, add olive oil to cooking--good for you and essential needed type fats.

Also, milk is good.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    You can't hit all the numbers exactly. The calorie number is the one to concentrate on for weight loss. The others are guidelines to improve your overall health and nutrition. Eat 100 calories of what you want, you're in the right ballpark.
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    According to my Dr, 1200 calories is right where I need to be to lose. I weigh 160 right now 5'1 and should be 110-130 ....I'm aiming for 120-125 as goal. My BMI is horrific!

I dont like eating late so would I be better off to let the 100 calories go? or should I just have another apple?

Or perhaps some skim milk w/ sugar free choc syrup?

Also, thank you thanks you for the "too young comment!" you made my evening!

Thanks everyone!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I never really worry about my protein because mostly all I eat is lean protein and I don't really think it is bad if it goes over. I actually changed that column to trans fats, just so I can have a heads up if the foods I am eating contain that nasty stuff. Good Luck to you
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    I never really worry about my protein because mostly all I eat is lean protein and I don't really think it is bad if it goes over. I actually changed that column to trans fats, just so I can have a heads up if the foods I am eating contain that nasty stuff. Good Luck to you

ooh good idea!
  • Jenshoe
    Jenshoe Posts: 25
    Options
    Last year when I was working out with a trainer, his thought process was I needed to eat something every 2 - 3 hours. But keep it healthy. So if you have calories for the day to spare AND it's been a couple/several hours since you have eaten, then the apple or a little something is probably a good idea. Going long periods of no food is not good for your metabolism.

His reason for this is by eating these mini meals you keep your body metabolizing food so it keeps your metabolic rate up even if you are reducing the # of calories you typically consume. Many times the body starts conserving if it thinks it's being rationed or starved when you 1st start a new diet.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I changed my goals to more protien and less carbs. I do better with more protein because it keeps me full and satisified.

I had to give myself a month or so to change my thoughts on food.

It has been 4 months since I started. Today I was stuck out due to work-without any food! I had to go the one of those Turnpike places....My choices were premade meat pizza, fried chicken or BK. I went to sbarro and didnt even flinch-ordered the chicken breast with steamed veggies, no bread please.

ME no bread??? It was delish too!

Give yourself time, you will get it!!:flowerforyou:
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    You guys are the best!

Thank you all!
  • speckle
    speckle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't worry about it too much. i mean, if it were me i wouldn't have been able to stop at a quarter cup of ice cream...