HRM

Options
Looking to get a HRm anyone know which is a good brand. I want one that is accurate. Also where Can I get it? Thanks

Replies

• MissTizz
    MissTizz Posts: 39
    Options
    I don't know if you are looking for a super specific kind - but I love looking on amazon.com because they always have a lot of great reviews from people who have used the products.
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    I have a polar F7 and love it.

It has a chest strap and if you are serious about knowing what you burn I can say look at getting one with the strap, they will be the most accurate.

As far as where to get it not sure where you are but google polar.
  • rljohnson11
    Options
    I have a Polar F4 and love, love, love it! I highly recommend it!
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am not going to recommend a brand as I am still looking myself although I am leaning towards the Polar ones that are mentioned here a lot. But I will recommend Amazon as a place to shop for one.
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think any Polar!
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My sister and I both have the Polar FT4, and it's FANTASTIC! (And relatively inexpensive!!! BONUS!)
  • thomasmarnold
    Options
    Just got a Polar FT40 at ****s Sportinggoods for $129.99 with a $10.00 mail in reabate. it comes with a chest strap and everything. It works fantastic. Used it for the firstime today and was blown away as to how much info it gave me. It sells online for about $159.99 If the name of the sporting good store doesnt show up, it is because of the auto censoring in this program. It is another name for the male private part.
  • nickiben
    nickiben Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ive got a polar f4. Not that expensive, about £50 from amazon. Its kind of the mid range one - but I dont need anything fancy, just something that will let me know how many calories Im burning! Its really good!! Polar ones are the best from all the reviews Ive read - they developed the very first HRM so are experts (so im told!!)
  • yyzdnl
    yyzdnl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I must be the only Suunto user on this site. I bought it for the ability to talk to exercise equipment and a user replaceable battery.
    The wrist piece looks good enough for everyday wear.

You can find a good selection on Amazon and read reviews while you are their.
  • Donna388
    Donna388 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar. I got the basic one. Its really great and easy to use. Just tells me duration of workout, max, min and average heart rate. I use it mostly when running to stop me from slacking off, and its just interesting to see how your rate changes when charging up a hill!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT40 and so does my partner. We got them from a seller on ebay for like 30 dollars less than amazon or the polar websites were selling there's for. We LOVE them! I love that with the FT40:
    1) You can do a fitness test where you lie down and it scans your body. It gives you a number on a chart that tells you how fit your body is. Mine was in the low range :0(. At least it wasn't extra low.
    2) I also love that it tells you your "limit" heart rate that separates whether you are doing a Fat Burn exercise (low intensity) or Fitness exercise (high intensity: heart strengthening).