Calling all those in the know!-How to lose inches

Options
.... well - an inch, to be precise!

I have bought my wedding dress and I'm tapping into all my knowledgeable MFP's to help me lose an inch, in the quickest way poss', from my back, as its just a tad tight! It can be sorted by the dress maker, but, since Im on this journey for the long haul, (and not just for Christmas, or my wedding) Id really appreciate some advice to do it through exercise.

I'm not scared of hard work, and, in th nature of this site, would like to do it rght - ie: no body wraps, surgery etc.

Would really appreciate if you can help, and would share your secrets.

Thanks - in advance:flowerforyou:

Kathryn xxxx

Thanks for your answers so far - PS. How long would it take?

Replies

• Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    running!!
  • caysea
    caysea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA! 500 Cals per class burned (roughly). Also, look up "Lat exerices". This will target your back. Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • Katcatters
    Katcatters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How long would it take?
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I agree! For me, I think zumba is the best total body workout and you can have a great time without even considering it a workout. It is work, but its fun! Also, I did 30 day shred, you have to stick with it, you will see results. Do you have exercisetv on your cable? I like to do things like the 10 pound slimdown or anything that has to do with abs or arms as those are my major problem areas. I have been getting more into pilates lately too for core strength. Just remember there is no such thing as spot training so you still have to get that cardio in. Good luck. I know you are going to look amazing on your wedding day.

On the eating side of the equation, drink plenty of water and watch your sodium intake!

Good luck. I know you are going to look amazing on your wedding day.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Spanx? :D

Edit: when is the wedding? How long do you have and do you have to lose it off your hips? back? butt? boobs? etc.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    How long would it take?

when's the big day?
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Push ups tone your shoulders and upper back and crunches on an exercise ball so your leaning back while doing the crunch well help tone the muscles on your lower back and sides.

I believe in the fact that you can definitely do this.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    chin ups (assisted ones if need be), dips, bent over rows or if you really want to crank up the fat burning over give metabolic resistance training a shot.
  • Katcatters
    Options
    looks like Zumba is definately a real goer - and Ive already got friends going to a class, so there is y encouragement - the running I can also fit in, as I can do that to and from work! You guys are great!

Anymore ideas from anyone else would be good, as I need as much help as I can get, and the variety will keep me on it xx
  • Katcatters
    Options
    Spanx? :D

Edit: when is the wedding? How long do you have and do you have to lose it off your hips? back? butt? boobs? etc.

Spanx would have been a good ide, if the dress didnt cut right across my back, which is the main target area.

I'm getting married on the 23rd April this year, so just under 6 weeks time. Its not a disaster if I dont lose it, but I want to get as close as I possibly can to it x