It's 2:00am and I'm craving Egg Rolls!

Options
Ok, my new puppy, Geraldine, has got me up at 2:00am. She was not happy in her crate, so I moved with her into the living room so my DH could sleep. (He spent all day yesterday tearing the old shingles off our roof, will be doing the same today, and then helping put the new roof on Saturday. I think he didn't drink enough water or something yesterday because he woke up about 10:00pm throwing up but has been ok since then). Geraldine woke us about 12:00am crying to beat the band; I got up and took her out and she had to go so bad! Good to know that she is being consistent with letting us know when she needs to go and it's only her first day in her new home!

Anyway, it's now 2:00am, puppy had to go again, so I got up and just moved us into the living room. Now the two of us are snuggled in the recliner together.

And, all I can think of is how great some Pork Egg Rolls would be right now! Thankfully, there's no Chinese restaurants around here that deliver, or I might be having me 2 or 3 (or 4 or 5!) of those fried rolls of goodness right about now! DukeGirl.gif

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Ok, my new puppy, Geraldine, has got me up at 2:00am. She was not happy in her crate, so I moved with her into the living room so my DH could sleep. (He spent all day yesterday tearing the old shingles off our roof, will be doing the same today, and then helping put the new roof on Saturday. I think he didn't drink enough water or something yesterday because he woke up about 10:00pm throwing up but has been ok since then). Geraldine woke us about 12:00am crying to beat the band; I got up and took her out and she had to go so bad! Good to know that she is being consistent with letting us know when she needs to go and it's only her first day in her new home!

Anyway, it's now 2:00am, puppy had to go again, so I got up and just moved us into the living room. Now the two of us are snuggled in the recliner together.

And, all I can think of is how great some Pork Egg Rolls would be right now! Thankfully, there's no Chinese restaurants around here that deliver, or I might be having me 2 or 3 (or 4 or 5!) of those fried rolls of goodness right about now! DukeGirl.gif
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    Oh those do sound yummy! Hope you and puppy get some rest!!!
  • momto3hmn
    Options
    Ahhhh the joy of kids. I have a 3 year old son that once in a while likes to get up at 2am and and beat the sun rise.... and of course stay up for the remainder of the morning. haha... Congrats on the new roof. Sounds like it's needed and I hope your dear Husband gets some rest, as well as yourself and your new little friend! He looks cuddly cute (checked his pics when you posted them earlier yesterday) lol egg rolls... hehe :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the dog by mistake!!!:laugh:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    We both drifted off together about 3:00am and then were woken at 5:30 by DH and my older dog getting up. Now, pup is back to sleep but I'm not!