First Day on MyFitnessPal

kywildcat49
kywildcat49 Posts: 6
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

My name is Donna and I'm 49 years old and from Kentucky. Today is my first day on My fitness Pal. I have over a 100 lbs to lose and would love some new friends to get to know, share with, encourage, and be there on this journey together with, during the good days and bad days. Thank you so much.

Replies

• Hi Donna. My name is Crissy and I am from Louisville, Ky. My daughter and I are using this program to help us get on the right track and hope that we can help others on the way. She has been on the site for a few days, but this is my first day. I have 40 pounds that I would like to lose. My daughter is very young so we are careful as to what steps we take with her, but she has some weight to get off as well. The one thing that I am hoping to add to this site is recipes. I love to cook but as with everyone, not all of my recipes are healthy. As I make new ones and try to get them into the lower calorie regions, I will try to post them. Welcome to the site and hope to read about your successes soon!:wink:
  • hey Donna - My name is Karen. I signed up for this site about 3 weeks ago and I love it! A food journal has always helped me. I've lost 60 pounds slowly and kept it off. I had knee surgery 2 months ago and am just now out of physical therapy. I'm just getting back to working out. I'm on here everyday - sometimes I keep the site open all day just so I can add my water and remind myself that I"m doing pretty good. :) I think you're gonna like it here.
  • welcome! good luck on your journey-we are here for you!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Good luck Donna....I am 45 and also from Kentucky. I joined a month ago and this is a great site with lots of support. You are going to feel right at home here:)
  • Karen, so nice to meet you. I know all about knee/ankle surgeries. I had knee surgery last year and then the year before had surgery on my ankle and elbow. I feel I'm really going to like this site and all the tools they offer and most of all the new friends who seem so supportive. Thanks. Just put in a friend request.
  • Hi Crissy, nice to meet you. I live in Lexington with my husband and one daughter (13 years old). I have over a 100 lbs to lose but one day at a time, one pound at a time. Looking forward to getting to you. Just put in a friend request for you. Thanks.
  • Thank you all for your support, I'm so looking forward to getting to know everyone and watching everyone success. Really appreciate it.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    hi, welcome and gd luck with your goal:smile:
This discussion has been closed.