Insanity Workout

Options
Has anyone tried this DVD series? I'm curious...let me know your thoughts! :)

Replies

• funsover
    funsover Posts: 39
    Options
    sassy0913 is planning on starting this next week.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this DVD series? I'm curious...let me know your thoughts! :)

Insanity was the hardest workout program I have ever done. With that said I enjoyed it immensely! Shaun T is very motivating and I was really impressed with the transformation my body went under,
  • minimagic2700
    minimagic2700 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Insanity is, for lack of a better word, insane. Very challenging to get through some days, but totally worth it. I am currently in the beginning of week 2 and I can already see differences being made
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    It is probably the hardest workout on DVD. Hardest workout ever-I say no-I have done worse. It is intense and awesome. I prefer to do my own thing at the gym though.
  • crossarmant
    crossarmant Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use Insanity regularly. I do P90X or personally designed weights programs, and then use the Insanity DVDs for cardio. They do the job better than any other cardio I've ever EVER done. However, one caveat, if you are not in shape then do not do these because you may hurt yourself or consider them too hard and never try them again. I did 30 days of it during the summer and when I got to the second month and everything got harder I was like "Eff this, too hard" and quit. However when I got in better shape over the next few months, I tried it again and gained a real appreciation for the workouts. So just beware of what you're getting into, and if you're in fair enough shape, it will be immensely rewarding.
  • crossarmant
    crossarmant Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use Insanity regularly. I do P90X or personally designed weights programs, and then use the Insanity DVDs for cardio. They do the job better than any other cardio I've ever EVER done. However, one caveat, if you are not in shape then do not do these because you may hurt yourself or consider them too hard and never try them again. I did 30 days of it during the summer and when I got to the second month and everything got harder I was like "Eff this, too hard" and quit. However when I got in better shape over the next few months, I tried it again and gained a real appreciation for the workouts. So just beware of what you're getting into, and if you're in fair enough shape, it will be immensely rewarding.
  • istutzman
    istutzman Posts: 64
    Options
    Insanity is awesome!!! It's definately intense but so worth it. I love it and I'm doing it again right now. It will definately change your body. I LOVE IT.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I agree with crossarmant in the fact that it is definitely beneficial for you to already be in good enough shape for you to properly do the routines. If you are, then I highly recommend it. It's fun for me.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Great now I want this too
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That's really helpful!
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Doing P90X. Have done one insanity workout a week for the last 4 weeks. It's crazy...well insane to be exact but it goes by fast and you will definitely see results. I will be starting it next week for sure. Doing 2 workouts a day. Wish me luck...Hehe!
  • em80
    em80 Posts: 91
    Options
    There's a new insanity workout being released soon I think.
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    After P90X got too easy I switched to Insanity....definitely harder
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Yes Insanity: The Asylum will be released in mid to late April. However, even Shaun T says that Asylum is only for people that have previously done advanced workout programs like Insanity, P90X, or Turbo Fire...or are athletic in their own right!

Sharon
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yes Insanity: The Asylum will be released in mid to late April. However, even Shaun T says that Asylum is only for people that have previously done advanced workout programs like Insanity, P90X, or Turbo Fire...or are athletic in their own right!

Sharon

Yep, I'm still scared. :cry:
  • em80
    em80 Posts: 91
    Options
    Don't think I will be doing it any time soon lol
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Sharon

Yep, I'm still scared. :cry:

Yeah I have that nervous scared feeling myself.
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great now I want this too

Great - me too - when am I going to have time to do this workout TOO?!!? :)
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Haha Sarah, You don't need to do this too! I only want something different because I only go to Prime twice/week you go like every day! ;)