* Looks around shyly *

Options
I have been pretty quiet since I signed up, because I am rubbish when it comes to staying power.

After lurking for a while, it is time to make some sort of start.

For now, my goal is just to work on keeping my food diary, and slowly reducing my calories to a weight losing amount. Sounds like a cop out - why don't I just cut them to the right amount? Because I don't have staying power and am a wreck, so I am trying to wean myself onto this without shocking my sytem stupid and sending it into a panic binge

:)

I can do with friends and support, and will be as supportive as I can in turn.

Nice to meet you all.

Replies

• vnmw121212
    vnmw121212 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    you do what works for you. If you are making an effort then changes will be made. if you fall off get back on. I'm here if you need my buddy!
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    don't be shy :-) i'll be your friend, and if changing things slowly is what you feel will work for you, i'm all for it! after all you know you better than i do :smile:
  • Hevclarke
    Options
    Hi
    I hear you!
    I'm on day two of my new regime and usually can't make it through a week!
    Lets take baby steps
    H
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    Added you, just Joining and slowly cutting down calories is a start :)
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome!!

:flowerforyou:

we all start somewhere right?! go at your pace and it will all come together, really!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Sounds like you are on the right track-way to go and keep up the great job.
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello! Nice to meet you. :)

You have to walk before you can run, right? Do whatever feels right and works for you. :) Everyone goes about achieving their goals in different ways. :)

I've sent you a friend request!
  • ehlifint
    ehlifint Posts: 9
    Options
    Everyone's gotta start somewhere! That used to be me, I'd start something and then cop out in like a week. But this time I'm more serious about it. Just like with anything else, you have to be ready and want the change. But we're all here for you! I'll add you! Anyone else looking for a motivational partner? Add me, I know I am!
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    you're here...amongst people that hear exactly what you mean by sticking with it. There is so much strength to be gained in knowing you're not on your own x Welcome and please feel free to add me .
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    Hello! If that is how you want to approach your weight loss and you feel as if that will work, then go for it. Throw in a little exercise each day and gradually build on it as well. Do what feels right to you :flowerforyou:
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    I don't think it's a "cop out" or anything... I prefer to call it "realism" :)

Everyone is different, and knowing yourself is half the battle here. Feel free to add me, i'm always looking for motivational friends! Good luck, you can do it :) We ALL can!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    you will do great...add me if you would like to :smile:
  • indigocat
    indigocat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you all :)