Referred by a friend to Myfitnesspal

Options
My name is Samantha and a friend of mine was telling me all about myfitnesspal yesterday. This morning I started my account and have not even got to see or experience all the features but really like the setup. I think this is really going to be helpful since I have gained almost a hundred pounds in a couple year period and have really tried to go to the gym and stay active but can not get of the weight. My doctor was explaining to me that I am on several different chemically weight gaining medicines that have been for the last couple of years and need to try to ween myself off of them and see how my weight will transform. Hope it works!!!

Replies

• mssugarca
    mssugarca Posts: 75
    Options
    this site is amazing, so much support and encouragment :)
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi and gd luck with it, plenty on here 2 distract u with :smile:
  • meaghanls
    meaghanls Posts: 29
    Options
    WELCOME! And good luck! =)
  • KaleighL
    KaleighL Posts: 159
    Options
    I love this site! Its nice seeing what I actually put in my body
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!!
    I just started over 3 weeks ago and I love it!! I have lost 11 pounds to date and 4 inches off my waist alone! Make sure you get yourself a good "friend" database as they will help motivate you and cheer you on!! I am sending you a request so I can be one of your cheerleaders!!

:happy:
  • nixxy74
    nixxy74 Posts: 106
    Options
    Yeh i got a lot of weight to lose so i feel your pain. This website has done something for me in the short amount of time i have been here. The fact im recording my intake/ outake and measurements is great if you are regular with it you will definatley see progress you wouldnt otherwise feel on your own with no diary and no support!

add as many people as you can and you will find we will cheer you on and pick you up on the low days. good luck.:happy:
  • julie4760
    julie4760 Posts: 125
    Options
    welcome
  • faeryluvr
    faeryluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I signed up last month and just started using it almost a week ago. I'm really finding how much I love this site! I've tried other fitness sites, but they all seem so cluttered and just not as helpful as I would like. This one has a nice clean feeling to it and very easy to find what you're looking for and it seems if anyone has a question there are so many people here willing to help you out.

I hope you enjoy it :smile:
  • fordcountrygirl4x4
    Options
    Yah that is what I was interested in. Even though like today I ate not so healthy it still tells me what the calories are.
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Welcome !! Wish you the best of luck !