First week is the hardest

Options
I'm in a first week of this plan, and with any plan the first week seems to be the hardest. Every time I start a program I can feel myself get healthier and the fat getting softer and such but the scale doesn't move. I work out about 6 times a week and it makes me feel great but I would love it if they scale reflected my efforts. I know that the fat lost is being replaced by new muscle but it still makes me a little depressed to see the little arrow not moving. I'm trying to only weigh myself once a month but its kina hard when the scale is in your bathroom.... looming.

Replies

• Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You're stronger than me on the scale thing! I have very uneven floors, a bodyfat scale that has seemed busted since i got it, and never gives the same reading twice, and a dinky lil scale with a missing rubber foot. Still, i get on them wayyyy too much, always disappointed lol
    The first two weeks are always hardest. I always GAIN during mine. Whether it's just new-diet bloat, or muscle gain, it's jarring. This is my first day of religious calorie-counting and exercise...i can't WAIT for this week to be over.
  • shar2501m
    Options
    That's exactly how I feel!!!! For me the weight melted away in the first few weeks, now I'm gaining muscle and the scale isn't moving down, just tilting up :/ AHhhhh
  • shascallreyes89
    Options
    Don't worry--the 1st week is hardest for everyone! Just kee chugging along! I'm on my week 4 now and it's still hard to keep motivated!
  • grcalvin
    grcalvin Posts: 1
    Options
    Aw, poor sweets! *warm hug*

Now you know how I feel. I've lost three pounds but... when I look at how much I have to lose (130 more) I'm like geez Louise!

We're in this together babe!
  • Frost907
    Frost907 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys ^_^ I know we can all do it if we stick with it! I know I'm feeling physicly better and I can't wait for the scale to reflect what I feel.