whens the best time to weigh

Options
what time of the day i have heard always do it at the same time but when is that ok one two ready go !!!!!!

Replies

• dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    I usally weight in the morning, post workout and restroom. Do what works for you.
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I weigh in first thing in the morning. Get up, go to the washroom, weigh in. I only record my weight on Tuesdays, because I find that I drink much less water on weekends so I have some water weight on me come monday. Hope that helps!
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, butt naked, before you eat or drink anything
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    first thing in the morning naked after I pee :)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you!i would always 1st thing in the am personally.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    First thing in morning after number one and number 2 =)
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Try to do the same day too. Pick one day a week. I do mine on tuesdays since I am off that day.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I usally weight in the morning, post workout and restroom. Do what works for you.

That is exactly what I do as well.
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    right pretty much all the same answer i like it
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day is Friday, in the morning, before I workout but in my workout clothes. Often will weigh others mornings just to check on myself.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    once a week, in the morning, after using the bathroom & before eating or drinking :o) & with as little clothes on as possible.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    First thing in morning after number one and number 2 =)

baha it does make a difference!
  • SDLester
    SDLester Posts: 24
    Options
    I always weigh in on Sunday morning at the gym, prior to working out. I find the scales are more accurate than most home scales and they have this nice digital one ;) The one thing I am anal about is I make sure I keep my same schedule right down to eating breakfast when I first get up.
  • Callen64
    Callen64 Posts: 4
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning after the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything. I weigh on Monday morning and Friday morning to see how I have done during the week and how I did over the weekend. So far, so good!
  • Jaccilatt5
    Jaccilatt5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh in after breakfast, working out, shower and with my clothes on...I figure it doesnt really matter if I weighless naked at 7 am...no one sees me like, my 11am fully dressed and ready to go is how I go out into the world so thats what I go by. Its works for me. Plus this way when I go to the Dr Im not surprised when I jump on the scale and weigh 3lbs heavier than I did buttnaked that morning. : )
  • ehlifint
    ehlifint Posts: 9
    Options
    pretty much what everyone else has said, first thing in the morning. I find its more consistent.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning just before jumping in the shower. I tend to weigh in on a Friday or Saturday morning as I am usually 'better behaved' during the week and will gain water over the weekend.
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    I weigh in after breakfast, working out, shower and with my clothes on...I figure it doesnt really matter if I weighless naked at 7 am...no one sees me like, my 11am fully dressed and ready to go is how I go out into the world so thats what I go by. Its works for me. Plus this way when I go to the Dr Im not surprised when I jump on the scale and weigh 3lbs heavier than I did buttnaked that morning. : )

very good point i like this view
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Usually between 6:15 and 6:45 am. Prior to eating or drinking. Oh and must be in my undies. That's it.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    The weight I record on MFP is the weight I am in the morning before I eat or drink anything. I think as long as you do it at the same time everyday, you will keep an accurate track of your loss.