HEART RATE MONITOR

Options
I just started MFP and I keep hearing everyone say the best way to track calories burned is to buy a heart rate monitor. So I was wondering which ones do you guys suggest. I want to make sure I am purchasing a device of quality.

Replies

• Missyb76
    Missyb76 Posts: 7
    Options
    i just bought a polar FT4....i love it...it is very easy to use!!!
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Polar FT7 for two weeks and I absolutely love it. I think Polar in general is a reliable HRM.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    I just bought the Garmin Forerunner 305. It hasn't arrived yet, but I will certainly give a review once I have used it. I saw several runners with this model on at my last 5K.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 Love it!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT4
  • bobs_god
    bobs_god Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a Sigma PC15 it slightly cheaper than some but has proven very accurate, really easy to use so far no complaints.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 for me also.........love it
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar FT40 - LOVE it! Btw, just make sure you get one that is compatible with the equipment you'll be using. For ex, in our gym, Polars are compatible with the cardio equipment, but Timex ones aren't.
  • rshells
    rshells Posts: 33
    Options
    Ok so based on the replies thus far it seems like most people are using the Polar brand.. Thank you everyone for your input
  • rshells
    rshells Posts: 33
    Options
    I will be doing a lot of my workouts at home I just purchased Zumba Power, Biggest Loser Cardio Max and JM 30 Day Shred
  • labeadel
    labeadel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love my polar, and it's made working out so much more fun!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7. I generally don't like to make purchases based on majority vote, but after doing some research and using it, I see why it's so popular given its ease of use and accurate estimation of calories burned.
  • ucrgirl06
    ucrgirl06 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and it's awesome. Polar is a great brand and very reliable. Whatever you do, make sure to get one with a fabric strap. Those plastic ones are very uncomfortable. Hope that helps :)