BELLYDANCING!!!!! PLEASE HELP

Options
I am looking forward to doing more core exercises that can possibly burn this fat off of my stomach plus better eating....would 30 minutes of bellydancing be beneficial???? :smile:

Replies

• ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    30 minutes of any dancing would be beneficial, but you should know something.

You cannot control where your body burns fat. There is no such thing as choosing an activity to burn fat in a specific area, so just let go of that idea.

That said, if you enjoy bellydancing, it's exercise, so give it a try.
  • Patecakers
    Options
    Any exercise is beneficial!!! I believe belly dancing would definitely help do the trick because you are working your abdominal muscles while you are doing the dance so YES belly dancing is definitely a good thing!!! In fact......I might start it too!! lol
  • latriciajackson
    Options
    Thank you both so much for the support and info.....and yes i know you cant control what area to burn in...thats just my hope to get rid of all the fat on my body perios just more so focused on my belly.....:smile:
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I tell ya, I swear by hula hooping. It's fun, and it's focusing on your middle. You can't spot LOSE, but you certainly CAN spot TRAIN, i.e., work a specific muscle to grow that muscle. If you want muscles there, you gotta work that specific region. But everybody is right, you won't see it anyway if it's covered in fat (like mine!).
  • LazyMogg
    LazyMogg Posts: 162
    Options
    I am looking forward to doing more core exercises that can possibly burn this fat off of my stomach plus better eating....would 30 minutes of bellydancing be beneficial???? :smile:

I reckon it would tone up your tum a bit and make you a bit more flexible too but I don't think it would specifically burn the fat there - as others have said already.

Having said that it's something I've often fancied trying and I intend to have a go when I've lost a bit more.

Let us know how you get on with it? xx
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    I belly dance for my university team and let me tell ya it is great for giving you a well-controlled and toned core!! Go for it! Nothing like being able to manipulate your belly at will ;)
  • latriciajackson
    Options
    OMG dont i know it.....i feel that my abs are so lovely under this fat lol but thats one thing i need to focus on is burning fat....tons of it...my fat number is 43.6 and thats not even on the very bad chart....so i need to get it down to at least 20's! but we can do it! im so thankful for this website with friends like you all that support and motivate you to hang in there and go about it the right way!!!:smile:
  • latriciajackson
    Options
    Oh ok thank you @ NanoReefDiver i sure will, do it everyday and add it into my daily workout its fun and it makes me feel sexy when i do it so its fun exercise i wouldnt mind adding on!