New to the site, not to the diet.

Options
I started here today. Heard about it last night. I've done well. The things I did on the site today I've done before on paper. It was a lot of work. I finally gave up. Out of frustration, I quit trying altogether and I am now at my highest weight EVER. Now I'm determined to fight this battle not only one more time, but for the LAST TIME! I'm tired of being tired. And going from my basement up to my 2nd floor is torture. I nearly have a heart attack! So here I go. If it works for me, I will recommend it for my friends. (My real life friends.) :-) Good luck to everyone here and also to every dieter on the planet. We have enough problems in this world without having health problems as well, AMEN?:smile:

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi jessica welcome:smile:
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    Welcome!
    I think the thing that has helped me the most (besides this website) is realizing that it isnt a diet, it's a lifestyle. Diets are meant to fail. You have to 180 your life, that way when you lose what you want to lose, you dont climb right back up :) Good luck!
  • indigocat
    indigocat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome

You can do this!
  • pinksneakers
    pinksneakers Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! Lots of info and lots of support here!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I believe that you will find many helpful hints, tips, tricks and supportive people. Remember, this can't jsut be about a diet. For it to truly work, it must be about a change in lifestyle. Some keys for me have been:

1. Cut out the sweet drinks and replace with water - lots of it. Not only does it clean out your system but it also makes you feel full.
    2. Count calories and eat less processed foods.
    3. Incorporate exercise into my lifestyle changes. Walking makes fabulous changes in addition to things like swimming and using an elliptical machine.
    4. Set reasonable manageable goals and celebrate your accomplishments.
    5. Just because you have one bad day, don't give up. Start over the next day and move forward.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like some encouragement. Good luck.
  • 2004Jessica
    2004Jessica Posts: 113
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I don't know how to add someone as a friend, gatorflyer. When I learn how, I will add you. Or you can add me. I realize this is a lifestyle change. It is something I will have to do for the rest of my life, even when the weight is gone. Someone once told me, "D.I.E.T. means 'Do It Every Time'." That pertains to life, not just a fad diet that promises to make you into a supermodel in 12 weeks. I want to lose this weight, and I never want to find it again. I can't always trust the advice of the people around me, they just try to make me feel good instead of telling me the truth. (With the exception of my mother. She told me about this website. I quickly went from 'Yeah, right' to 'ALL RIGHT!' I think this journey will be good for me. Thanks again!
  • patrickkallie
    Options
    You have as much better chance for success when you have a support group. This site is very good for that. The good thing about it is that you are not alone.