Fill in the blank: When I Am Out of Motivation, I __________

Options
Okay, so my last post on what do you eat almost every day was fascinating to me. So I think I'll start a new question: What do you do when your motivation is running low? How do you amp yourself up again? For me, I look at mags like Oxygen Magazine or Muscle & Fitness Hers. Seeing women who are in amazing shape I WANT to be in gets me off the couch. How about you?

Replies

• TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i remind myself of the countdown till my next birthday & then countdown till summer! i have a ways to go till i'm where i want to be yet... & if i'm really not feeling like moving, sit down & slump... then look at your belly. yeah- enough said. baha that usually will get me moving.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I think about the possiblility of running into girls i used to hang out with when i was thin and seeing the reaction on their face if they saw me now... major get up n go inspired lolll
  • michellehorvath
    michellehorvath Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    look at my CRAZY ENERGETIC 4 year olds!!! They have so much energy and I tell myself if I don't get up pretty soon I won't be able to keep up with them!!! Oh and putting on some old jans and seeing my muffin top!!! :-)
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I remember that (as my boyfriend says) I didnt get fat overnight, so I wont lose it overnight. Then I take a look at myself and remember how in shape I "USED" to be so I just keep my eyes on the prize.
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I battle with myself in my head... Usually the motivated me wins, but occasional the lazy girl wins... :tongue:
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    When I am out of motivation I look at old pictures of myself from a few years ago :)
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I log on to MFP and ask for help
  • AWchick1286
    Options
    I blog and remind myself how good I felt my senior year when I lost fifty pounds that summer. The blog is so my MFP's know how I'm feeling and I get encouragement from them. Sometimes it's still hard but when you make up the mind to change your lifestyle it's a little bit easier. I also think about how good I feel when I step on the scale and see a new low.
  • lisapooh1
    lisapooh1 Posts: 90
    Options
    I try to stay positive and never put myself down because beauty in on the inside and not the out; Most of the women I know that are beautiful on the outside have the ugliest inside and attitude, and the women that are average are so beautiful in their hearts where it counts and BEAUTY FADES it's the heart that lasts.........
  • prtipny
    prtipny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I gave up on looking to magazines for motivation when I found out they airbrush even the bodies in the health & fitness magazines (sorry if I ruined anything for you!) When I need motivation I just think back to the way I feel when I lose weight and how much better I feel in my clothes even after losing just a couple of pounds.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all! I am feeling motivated!:happy:
  • nikki2609
    nikki2609 Posts: 128
    Options
    I try to stay positive and never put myself down because beauty in on the inside and not the out; Most of the women I know that are beautiful on the outside have the ugliest inside and attitude, and the women that are average are so beautiful in their hearts where it counts and BEAUTY FADES it's the heart that lasts.........
    lisa this is sooo true, great words from a wise one xx