sugar fast

Options
off the sugar for Lent-can't believe how much i want some chocloate or cake-almost 1 week already-anyone else struggling with sugar addiction?

Replies

• DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    What I've noticed (I was a candy junky before I started my journey here) that for me, the less I eat sugar, the less I crave it. And now, if I eat some candy, I "feel" it immediately, like a little buzz, and I don't like it. So I don't eat it now. Just a bit of dark chocolate here and there, but that's it.

You may find that at first it's like a withdrawal, and you want it and crave it. Once you get used to not having sugar, it won't feel right to add it back in, and you'll feel better without it than with it. And that would be quite a blessing!
  • indigocat
    indigocat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I remember being told somewhere once that when you drop your sugar you can get massive headaches. The diet place I was at all those years ago suggested mashing a banana and freezing it and eating it like icecream. It was meant to help with the cravings and headaches and seem like an ice cream treat. I never tried it, but it might be worth a shot if you feel the strain of your sugar decrease?
  • noiinteam
    noiinteam Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I gave up 'baked goods' for lent. Almost a relief not eating all of that. I do love my sugar and still will have a a few semi sweet chocolate chips or fiber one bar when I'm desperate. (which is most of the time hee hee)
  • KeleRae
    KeleRae Posts: 2
    Options
    Preach! The sugar is definitely addictive! The more I eat the more I want....I just gave it up a week ago along with coffee and boy did I have some serious headaches! I ate a sweet potato today and it was the BEST sweet potato I ever had :-) Funny how we can appreciate the simple things so much more when we clear out the commercial junk...
    Best wishes to reaching your goals!