My New "Reward/Motivational Tool"

Options
I went today and bought me a charm bracelet and for every 5 lbs I lose from this point forward I am going to reward myself with a new charm. I started off with the snail charm (see my default pic) to remind myself "slow & steady". . .can't wait till I get to give myself the next charm!! Yes, it's a kiddie charm bracelet but I'm just a big kid so it suits me well! :)

Replies

• sarahtiano
    sarahtiano Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    cute!
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love that idea!! The snail is completely adorable too!!
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    It's cute & I love the idea. :)
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    awesome!!

as it happens my daughter (who is also here in mfp) and i decided over the weekend we were going to do somethin similar... we intend to use the trollbeads type charms to mark each 10 lbs lost... we are planning on going shopping tomorrow for our first 10lb reward bead.. we figure it is something tangible we can wear most of the time, motivation to keep losing (to add more beads) and a reminder about how much we've accomplished as the beads start increasing, we are hoping it will be a physical reminder to help us keep good choices always in mind *S*
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I love that idea! Where did you find it at? I love the colors!
  • Denise6914
    Denise6914 Posts: 176
    Options
    What a cute idea, and I love that charm!
  • misslynn23
    misslynn23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. It will also help you stay on track and physical reminder.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I love that idea! Where did you find it at? I love the colors!

Thanks everyone! :smile: My sister works at a local small jewelry store and I found it there. The brand is "Charm It" and there are TONS of charms to choose from!!