Eggs

Options
I tried looking for this on the food database, but since I didn't know what it was called , I logged by ingredients. The food I'm talking about is when you take bread and dip it into beaten eggs and then fry it on a pan. I put in "griddle cakes" but didn't find what I was looking for. So I just put in 'fried eggs' and 'fried bread' separately , but hit a stumbling block on the 'friend bread part'. According to the database, when you fry three slices of bread, it's 1,075 calories or something like that. To avoid going over, I 'd like have to starve for the rest of the day or something, cause I'd only have 400 calories left. I couldn't believe the total, so I went online and looked up fried bread and got a completely different answer: http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories-in-food/bakery-products/Fried-Bread.htm

That's 141 , which is still a lot , but not like crazy. However, I don't know if this answer is accurate, because I have to take into account that even 1 tablespoon of olive oil is 120 calories and I don't know how many tablespoons of oil are in three slices ( my parents made the food and I wasn't there). I also cooked with grape seed oil , so that changes the amount too. I hate it when things get this confusing.

And completely random, but Chicken chow fun is not in the database, well it's in as "Chicken chow mei fun, which might be a different type of a noodle. Either way, never realized how many calories were in that. Yeesh!

Can anyone help me with this dilemma. It's hard to be accurate when things aren't listed.

Replies

• clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    FRENCH TOAST
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    we call that french toast
  • samsoto167
    Options
    homemade french toast. sometimes you can sprinkle cinnamon on top as well
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options

And completely random, but Chicken chow fun is not in the database, well it's in as "Chicken chow mei fun, which might be a different type of a noodle. Either way, never realized how many calories were in that. Yeesh!

I love chicken chow mei fun!! Yes...it is crazy how many calories are in it!!! Very sad!! I get chicken and broccoli now. But it sure isn't the same without all the yummy noodles.
  • TRACYW2002
    TRACYW2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sounds like French toast without the cinnamon, it is about 150 calories per slice

496142.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jameskirkbride
    Options
    French Toast ... Also known as 'Eggy Bread' YUM!!!!!!
    sounds like one for me to have on sunday morning maybe!!
  • samsoto167
    Options
    have you tried any Zumba dvds. I have heard really good things about them
  • mustnothrowcantelopes
    mustnothrowcantelopes Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of zumba classes in my area. It's like all the rage, but I'm very apprehensive about it cause I've seen them on you tube and they look like they'd be wayyyyy too fast for me!