Too much salad???

Options
I eat a salad for lunch and dinner, both with some protein, chicken or beef. My salads consist of lettuce, arugala, spring romaine mix and various veggies. Just wondering if I'm eating too much salad? I have a high fiber cereal for breakfast with an apple or some other kind of fruit. Opinions are welcome. Thanks for your time and help.

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Personally, I don't think you can ever eat too many veggies! =)
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i don't think you can ever eat too much lettuce :o) if you enjoy salads, then i say go for it & enjoy every giant, yummy bite!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have thought so as long as you are filling your quota of carbs fats and protein. If you have kidney problems all the extra fluid from the salad might pose a bit of a problem but otherwise carry on. I eat veggies by the plate load...and now summer is coming and salad stuff becomes cheaper i will probably be eating bowlfuls of the stuff No salad sarnies this year tho! :-(
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Too much salad?!?!?!!?!? No, I don't think there is such a thing. Veggies, especially raw veggies are the BEST!
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    i don't think you can ever eat too much lettuce :o) if you enjoy salads, then i say go for it & enjoy every giant, yummy bite!

What she said. I also have a salad at lunch and dinner too!
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    No way I love salads!!!!!Never enough!Could eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner:)
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    nah never too much mate!

i eat two giant salad's a day without fail haha! plus again with dinner!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Nope I think you are doing great!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I think variety is important, you can do two salads a day but you should vary your base often - lettuce, spinach, kale, spring mix, etc. Also it's important to have a nuke healthy dressing like galeo's, etc