Waist Trimmer Belt

Options
What does everyone know about Waist Trimmer Belts? My sister gave me one that she got at wal mart for $5. I wore it while working out today and when I took it off my back and stomach were dripping sweat. I know the point is just to lose water weight, I'm just wondering if anyone has used them and seen a difference. The reviews on walmart.com are excellent reviews, and for the price I might as well use it, even if it just makes me sweat a little more, I'm assuming that will also make me burn a few more calories. Any input? Thanks!!

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce.
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use one in hoping it makes a difference :)
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    bump
  • ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I use one but its for back support and also to remind me to hold my stomach muscles tight. I even have the shorts that are made out the material. I love them.
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would be surprised if it worked, but if it does I want one!
  • rcampillo
    Options
    i bought one also, it makes me feel good and my tummy in as it should be when one excersises. I think if you like it wear it!!
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    I've noticed they're very popular among Home Depot staff.
    I guess they haven't heard the news that you can't spot reduce either.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i have one and basically im not sure if it helps burn more calories or anything but it definately helps keep ur tummy in for exercising
  • nanc94
    nanc94 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i use mine all the time...i like it. it does help you sweat more in that area...and i have seen slight changes. meaning im usually a box when i gain weight....so now i see some curve in my waist.....cant say its all due to the belt but i think it helped a bit....thinking of buying another to use higher and lower around stomach...and hey like you said is $5 cant hurt to try it and see how you like it.
    i have the shorts too...but i didnt like that whole wet crotch / underwear feeling and if it fits big the sweat goes down leg.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've noticed they're very popular among Home Depot staff.
    I guess they haven't heard the news that you can't spot reduce either.

LOL!!!
    Home Depot employees wear a back belt. It's required to work, issued along with the snazzy orange apron.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Here da' skinney....

They don't help. If you are a power litter squatting 600 pounds, that's fine. Other wise stay away!
    These things do help support your back and abbs when you are doing heavy or repetitive lifting, but an effect of which is that they weaken your back and abbs because they are doing some of the work for you.

I have a belt, but I only wear it when I feel that what I am doing could cause injury.

There will be people who.swear by them, saying they have cured back pain or what ever.... well a back exercise like straight legged dead lifts will strengthen your back so you won't get any pain.

Be wary of any device that is claimed to work only by wearing it.

This is kind of a rant, sorry. I just hate to see people wearing those things when all they do is exacerbate the problem.

That's my big word for the day.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Here da' skinney....

They don't help. If you are a power litter squatting 600 pounds, that's fine. Other wise stay away!
    These things do help support your back and abbs when you are doing heavy or repetitive lifting, but an effect of which is that they weaken your back and abbs because they are doing some of the work for you.

I have a belt, but I only wear it when I feel that what I am doing could cause injury.

There will be people who.swear by them, saying they have cured back pain or what ever.... well a back exercise like straight legged dead lifts will strengthen your back so you won't get any pain.

Be wary of any device that is claimed to work only by wearing it.

This is kind of a rant, sorry. I just hate to see people wearing those things when all they do is exacerbate the problem.

That's my big word for the day.

I don't think OP is talking about the belt that lifters wear but the rubber belt.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Oh... Sorry, I'll do better next time!