HEAVY fans, unite! New episode, tonight!

Options
EricJonrosh
EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
Hey, I made a rhyme. =o]

Haven't watched it yet, but it looks good. That little guy is obese, and he's at my goal weight. Haha.

BTW, what happened to "I Used To Be Fat" on MTV? Is it over?

Replies

• lovemyhellokitty
    lovemyhellokitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love both of those shows!
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I watched Heavy last night for the first time On Demand. It was good but I do wonder how when people eat 1200 calories and work out 5 hours a day- how they can realistically keep up the work out schedule in the community!
    Thanks for letting us know! I also watched Too Fat for 15 but the parents were sabotaging those poor kids!
  • ItsJustVicki
    Options
    Love that show!!!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    The season is over for I Used To Be Fat, they had a reunion show about two weeks ago. I hope it comes back I liked that show.
  • EricJonrosh
    Options
    I watched Heavy last night for the first time On Demand. It was good but I do wonder how when people eat 1200 calories and work out 5 hours a day- how they can realistically keep up the work out schedule in the community!

I like the message, but I don't always agree with the method. I will say it's pretty heavily supervised.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I like Heavy, but they changed it. The first half of the season so far, the people stayed at the spa for one month, then went home for 5 months to continue losing. I thought it was much more realistic (well, for reality TV anyway) than the way they do it now, where the people stay at the spa for the whole 6 months. Before, you could relate to the challenges the folks were having back in the "real world" as they struggled to keep up the exercise, diet, etc., all while juggling work, families and all that goes with that.

Now, they have the whole 6 months under a supervised program, where they exercise all the time and have their meals made for them. Too much like the Biggest Loser for my taste, minus the gamesmanship. It's still a good show, though. But Too Fat for Fifteen is still my favorite. I love those kids!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    Hey, I made a rhyme. =o]

Haven't watched it yet, but it looks good. That little guy is obese, and he's at my goal weight. Haha.

BTW, what happened to "I Used To Be Fat" on MTV? Is it over?

yeah it's over, they had a reunion show and all of that. Was pretty interesting.
    can't wait for heavy, but i have to watch the second showing.
  • EricJonrosh
    Options
    I don't get Style so I can't watch Too Fat for 15. I'll try online.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    I wish I could get style, that is where Ruby gettinger's show is aired and to fat for 15, i watched clips of that it looked good.

they changed the format of heavy because now these people have way more health problems then the ones that did in the beginning. I think it is good that some could go home after just a month but alot of them had hard core problems and addictions even being at the place some where hiding food...so 6 months to learn a new life style is worth it in the end.