2 weeks after giving birth.........

Options
Mom2ATM
Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
I joined MFP during my pregnancy to help avoid gaining TOO much weight, well I fell off the wagon and gained 66lbs once again. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl (our 3rd child) on 3/3/11, she weighed 9lba5.1oz and was 22" long. However, when we got home I had only lost 15 lbs from giving birth ::ohwell: so I hopped back on to MFP and now Im down another 10lbs in just a matter of about a week :) I am now to the weight I was while pregnant when I first joined MFP so now my ticker will start to move any day now!! YAY! I have 105lbs to go to get back to 150lbs where I can feel comfy again.
(It also helps that Im nursing her LOL)
I LOVE MFP!

Replies

• nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! That's why I joined as well, and have had great success! :) Keep it up!
  • Taras630
    Taras630 Posts: 85
    Options
    I gained 50lbs during my pregnancy. During the first 2 weeks I lost 30 then gained it back. I have about 20lbs left to lose before I reach pre pregnancy weight. That was 1 1/2 years ago.
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new baby girl!! Good luck on your weightloss journey :)
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    Congrats on the birth of a healthy baby! Congrats on the decision to breastfeed! Congrats on the weight you have lost so far! Have patience and perserverance and you will continue to lose the rest. But please, take it easy for a bit. Let your body recuperate a bit from child birth before you start working that butt off. And please, please make sure you account for those calories you are losing by making milk for your baby. It is such a beautiful thing to be able to breastfeed your child, and truly frustrating to not be able to when you want to. So make sure you don't diet to the extreme, eat enough to keep that milk good and fattening to help your baby grow to be the best she can be. Good luck with everything, and again Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • m4ukcats
    m4ukcats Posts: 11
    Options
    Good luck! You are on the right track and have a great attitude!

When I was nursing (I have 4 children, ages 9-2), I was so hungry, there was no way I could try to lose or cut back. It was worse than being pregnant! I was probably way too stressed too. LOL My youngest is 2, and I am just now motivated to lose the extra weight. Better late than never, I guess! :)
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your baby! She was big! My oldest ds was 9.12.

GL to you!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Awww...CONGRATS on your new baby girl!!!! In my experience with nursing my 2 children, it made the weight just fall off with no effort! It was amazing to me! Not only is it great for the baby, but it's good for you too! It will surly help the weight come off of you! Good luck and keep up the great work!
  • snookemz
    snookemz Posts: 82
    Options
    Good luck! You are on the right track and have a great attitude!

When I was nursing (I have 4 children, ages 9-2), I was so hungry, there was no way I could try to lose or cut back. It was worse than being pregnant! I was probably way too stressed too. LOL My youngest is 2, and I am just now motivated to lose the extra weight. Better late than never, I guess! :)

I'm exactly the same!! I nursed my daughter until she was 20m old and I weaned so I could do some stronger treatments for my spinal condition. I was SOOOO hungry when I nursed her! I was also super stressed (her dad left the day she turned a month old). She'll be 3 on May 29 and I JUST got motivated to lose weight in mid-January!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!