Has anyone had any success with Hip Hop Abs?

Options
http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/hip_hop_abs.do

Let me know! Those programs are so expensive. I don't wanna waste my money on something that won't really work.

Replies

• richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    a whole load of rubbish! dont waste your money. just exercise naturally and do crunches and ab exercises and it will come along. google and youtube these days is free ....id make use of it.....x
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    bump*

-i'm trying to decide between turbo jam and hip hop abs. i've done turbo jam fat blaster and didn't really enjoy it. plus i have a lot to get rid of on my midsection so i figured hip hop abs was the better choice.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Either one will help you get fit.

Turbojam is faster paced, a little more dancy. Both work. I wouldn't order them from Beachbody. Try ebay or craigslist.org

Go here to see a turbojam workout for free: http://so.tudou.com/nisearch/turbo jam/

See how you like it:smile:
  • Newton_heather
    Newton_heather Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've tried both but didn't buy either. Turbo Fire is a more intense workout but there HIIT workouts have a lot of jumping which I found hard on the knees. Hip Hop Ab's I kind of like but I really don't think it's a good workout. I like it because it's a little bit more modern/dance like and i think it's fun. I don't think it's possible to get a great body off of it though. The workout that I actually liked and saw some results on was Slim in 6 (also did not purchase). Just my two cents.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Either one will help you get fit.

Turbojam is faster paced, a little more dancy. Both work. I wouldn't order them from Beachbody. Try ebay or craigslist.org

Go here to see a turbojam workout for free: http://so.tudou.com/nisearch/turbo jam/

See how you like it:smile:

I looked on amazon and it was pretty much the same price I'll try ebay:)
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I've tried both but didn't buy either. Turbo Fire is a more intense workout but there HIIT workouts have a lot of jumping which I found hard on the knees. Hip Hop Ab's I kind of like but I really don't think it's a good workout. I like it because it's a little bit more modern/dance like and i think it's fun. I don't think it's possible to get a great body off of it though. The workout that I actually liked and saw some results on was Slim in 6 (also did not purchase). Just my two cents.

Thanks for the info I'll look into slim in 6 too.
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    I have both Hip Hop Abs and Turbo Jam. I get bored really easily with Hip Hop Abs. I don't know, I think I just find it to be really repetitive and it's not as fun as Turbo Jam. If I didn't live in a second floor apartment, I probably would've opted to get Turbo Fire. It depends on your living situation. I'd love to try Insanity at some point too... but I'll probably have to wait until I buy a house lol. Anyway, it's personal preference, but I say Turbo Jam over Hip Hop Abs any day :smile:
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have hip hop abs... but if your getting it just for dancing don't... it gets boring doing the same moves everyday... if you like the dancing get just dance 2 i sweated a tons more doing that
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Actually I'm not much into "dancing" type workouts But I was gonna get it since it was incorporating abs w/o floor work
    I'm undecided now though and I've been looking into Turbo Fire.. Gosh it's so expensive though
  • knothead76
    Options
    Today I posted my 3 week results from Hip Hop Abs, I had good results (so far) but, since I'm doing it with my husband (my biggest motivator) and he was bored with it, I ordered Turbo Jam. I am only on day 2 of Turbo Jam, but definitely feel like I am getting more of a workout with it.
    My measurements before / after 3 weeks
    Chest - 41 / 38
    R. Arm - 12.5 / 12
    L. Arm - 12.5 / 12
    Waist - 35 / 33
    Hips - 43 / 41.5
    R. Thigh - 22 /21
    L. Thigh - 22 /21
    I have also lost 12 lbs to date as well. I stuck with the nutrition guide as much as humanly possible, threw away all the junk food from the house, and started bumping myself up to 2 workouts a day during the 3rd week. So, yes, it is possible to get good results from it, but it requires dedication to the nutrition as much as doing the workouts. Plus, you will only get from the workouts what you put into them.
  • dixiechicdana
    Options
    I'm doing supreme 90 day. It's a lot like P90X but it is only 20.00 for 10 DVDs and a 90 day calendar. I am on day 11 and am down 7 pounds and 6.25 inches. I know it is definitely toning my muscles cause by butt felt so tight on the inside (I have a huge butt LOL ) that I was walking like barbie. I got mine at bed bath and beyond. Some walgreens carry it. You can order online but I saw people complaining it was back ordered and taking two months to get it.
  • whiteboy90
    Options
    my wife does zumba on the wii she has lost 5 pounds in two weeks... and its fun. great cardio
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    my wife does zumba on the wii she has lost 5 pounds in two weeks... and its fun. great cardio

thanks, i've heard of zumba. looks fun.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I'm doing supreme 90 day. It's a lot like P90X but it is only 20.00 for 10 DVDs and a 90 day calendar. I am on day 11 and am down 7 pounds and 6.25 inches. I know it is definitely toning my muscles cause by butt felt so tight on the inside (I have a huge butt LOL ) that I was walking like barbie. I got mine at bed bath and beyond. Some walgreens carry it. You can order online but I saw people complaining it was back ordered and taking two months to get it.

that seems neat. i'll look into that. thanks.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Today I posted my 3 week results from Hip Hop Abs, I had good results (so far) but, since I'm doing it with my husband (my biggest motivator) and he was bored with it, I ordered Turbo Jam. I am only on day 2 of Turbo Jam, but definitely feel like I am getting more of a workout with it.
    My measurements before / after 3 weeks
    Chest - 41 / 38
    R. Arm - 12.5 / 12
    L. Arm - 12.5 / 12
    Waist - 35 / 33
    Hips - 43 / 41.5
    R. Thigh - 22 /21
    L. Thigh - 22 /21
    I have also lost 12 lbs to date as well. I stuck with the nutrition guide as much as humanly possible, threw away all the junk food from the house, and started bumping myself up to 2 workouts a day during the 3rd week. So, yes, it is possible to get good results from it, but it requires dedication to the nutrition as much as doing the workouts. Plus, you will only get from the workouts what you put into them.

thanks for posting. those are amazing results. great job! after reading what everyone has written, i think i'd rather not get hip hop abs. i'd probably rather get turbo fire. but i'm going to look more info up on it. have you tried the turbo jam fat blaster dvd? i got mine on ebay for around $18. i couldn't really follow her on all the moves b/c i was confused not b/c i couldn't keep up, so i'm thinking that might be a problem with turbo fire? i don't know but i really like her attitude, she's fun.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I've used it before, but like others have said - it got boring pretty quickly - and that's saying a lot, as I've used Slim in Six AND P90 before, which are more monotonous.

I'd recommend Zumba instead if you're looking for dancing in a workout. As far as Beachbody products, if you want results, TurboFire/P90x will be good if you're in somewhat decent physical shape, or Slim in Six/P90 if you're new to working out.

Edited to add - also check amazon's used listings - you might be able to find a cheaper price for the DVDs there as well :)
  • ambichan
    ambichan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's really up to you and your preference. ANY DVD IS REPETITIVE! ;o). ...which is why I switched it up between Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Zumba, treadmill, and the stairs. I have P90x...but it is boring to me. I prefer to "enjoy" my workouts...even if it hurts. P90x is like taking medicine though.

I must say, Hip Hop Abs is great for beginners. It really is worth the investment if you are one that dreads working out. It camouflages the workout into a dance...just long enough for you to get your stamina, confidence, and nerve up to "hit it harder". Good luck with your search...but ultimately, keep switching it up until you find what you like.

Tudou.com has Hip Hop Abs and Turbo Jam...ranging from 20 minute videos to over an hour.
  • kjenmark
    kjenmark Posts: 1
    Options
    I have purchased all three, hip hop abs, turbo jam and slim in six. I've had the most success with hip hop and slim in 6. Turbo jam is tons of fun for a home workout. I enjoy it and find it easy to stick with but havent had the greatest results. i love hip hop abs. Fun and motivating. But probably will need to move on to some more intense workouts after a couple more months. Like I said slim in 6 is effective but sooooooooooo boring. I have a hard time completing it more than twice a week and will intermix it with the other two programs. Nothing will work if you don't stick with it, do it consistently and above all, put some effort into it. You really have to move and give it your best. Otherwise you won't see results and won't lose weight. Also, you have to change your eating habits if you aren't already eating a healthy diet. Find out what calorie intake is right for you and take it from there. Extreme diets aren't always healthy and don't last. Find a healthy eating style that you can manage, not a "diet". Everybody is different too and what works for others may not work for you. I have struggled with weight my entire life and am 49 years old going through menopause which makes it nearly impossible to lose weight, but with exercise and a sensible eating plan I am finding success good luck
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!