Cheescake Factory

Options
c4297
c4297 Posts: 33 Member
Hey Guys !

I am travelling to the United States tommorrow and we will be going to the cheescake factory for sure. Does anybody have something more on the low calorie side that they know is good? thanks !:)

Replies

• nmccabe33
    nmccabe33 Posts: 35
    Options
    If so, let me know also.
  • leb89
    leb89 Posts: 54
    Options
    I would suggest staying away from the cheesecakes even though they are to die for!
    but this site: http://calorielab.com/news/2007/07/28/calorie-pusher-comes-to-town-the-cheesecake-factory-hits-rochester/
    has the full menu and the calorie breakdown so you can choose better.
  • c4297
    Options
    Okay Will Look Thanks :)
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My mom likes the Weight Management Grilled Chicken, but I would prefer to "save" my calories for that meal, and pick something that isn't as bad as everything else. Stay away from the creamy pastas for sure. And also assume you are going to eat half of anything, and you'll be somewhat better off. Stay away from the cheesecakes :-( Even the sugar-free really is too much.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    My boss took us to Cheesecake Factory for lunch one day so I had to search out something I could fit into my day. (I'd never eaten there before, but knew that it was a horrid place to go, calorically speaking) I ended up choosing the Boston House Salad which is Boston Lettuce Tossed with Chopped Bacon, Egg, Blue Cheese, Croutons and Ranch Dressing (though I ordered it without blue cheese since I don't like blue cheese) with the dressing on the side. I actually ate the whole thing without any dressing at all and it was pretty filling.

Here's a customer picture of it from Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/HwEDsb1xtRBTuFwATTRjpA?select=_CGpqFTAdVW7LcS2b1ehtg
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options

Check it out yourself to see before you fall into one of the many Cheesecake Factory "calorie traps": The post above is good or this one: http://calorielab.com/news/2007/07/28/calorie-pusher-comes-to-town-the-cheesecake-factory-hits-rochester/

Just be careful! And read the portion sizes closely -- sometimes they tell you the calories and they're for only a portion of the food they actually deliver to your table. But their food is tasty that's for sure.

We experimented once, after knowing the calories and it turned out that the cheesecake is about 100 calories a bite for the piece that we ordered. A good thing to share ...

Have fun and welcome to the USA! :)
  • justlosingit3
    Options
    I get the greek salad which is 231 Calories according to the Cheesecake Factory Nutrition Guide. Then I order the "chicken only" from the Thai Lettuce Wraps (974 Calories for the entire dish including 2 different sauces) and a side order of asparagus (43 Calories).

It is very filling and quite tasty!

Good luck! In my former life, I would eat Orange Chicken (1799 Cal) and Banana Cream Cheesecake (926 Cal) covered in hot fudge (300 Calories). Its no wonder I am overweight!!!
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I usually get a salad with grilled salmon, and a big bite of whatever more sinful thing my husband has. And then a big bite of his cheesecake. Heh. Have fun!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Just went there last weekend. Two lowest dish I found (hope that you like fish) are:
    Simply grilled Mahi Mahi - 466
    Simply grilled Salmon

Here is what I did and I'm sure the calories are lower than what's in the database:
    * ordered the Mahi Mahi, insist and making sure tell the server: "do NOT use butter"
    * replaced mash potato with another serving of vegi, since the mash has higher calories than the fish itself!
    * 2 sides: broccoli & green bean, again insiste: "NO butter", so they came out steamed, nice and non-greasy.
    * drank water with lemon

Good luck!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Pear and Endive Salad....it is HUGE. Order the dressing on the side and take half to go. Half is about 280 calories. Also, Cheesecake is excellent there. One slice of the original cheesecake is 710 calories. Some of the fancier ones can get upwards to 1300. Maybe split it with a friend. Water to drink and no bread (it's not that great anyway) and you could get out of there at about 600-700 calories.

Knowing what I know about their menu now, folks who eat the appetizer, drinks, regular entree and dessert are easily walking out of there above 3000 calories. Yikes.
  • c4297
    Options
    Awesome thanks a whole bunch !!!!:)
  • fantomette
    fantomette Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If you are staying at a hotel and have a kitchen...
    Ask for a doggie-bag!
    Portions at the Cheesecake factory are HUGE!
    I had the goat cheese pizza and after a slice I was full.
    My kid took the pastas from the kid menu: she then ate pastas for 3 days in a row 'cause we brought the rest at the hotel.
    My bf- a guy with a big appetite, wasn't able to finished his plate either.

My advice: I think the best thing is to split. We're going back again in april or may and we already said we're gonna go at the cheesecake factory and split a meal.