Felt like I cheated tonight...

Options
lisaidem
lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
I was 622 calories and 90 carbs under my goal intake after excercising and my planned dinner. I normally have no problem being somewhat under, but I have read a lot of people's opinions saying you should eat back your exercise calories. That combined with a headache and a day that I WANTED to cheat, I went ahead and ate back most of the exercise cals. It was good, and I feel better, and now I am only very slightly under the goal intake for the day. I know this isn't "cheating," but it feels like it! I have asked my husband to hide the bathroom scale, and only give it to me once every two weeks, because I was obsessing. So not knowing how I'm doing weight-wise and eating so much today (although still under) is making me feel poopy. I've also worked out for the last 7 days and I'm just tired :-(
/pity party

Replies

• ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    Yea I usually feel guilty when I eat my exercise calories..
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i have those days sometimes too. I think as long as you only eat back half of your exercise calories you should be fine. and if you had a headache, your body probably needed some carbs/water. try not to stress too much and just do what feels right for your body.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of different thoughts about eating back your calories. You will find what works for you and what feels comfortable. For me, I stayed way under till I lost 20 pounds. I now vary from day to day. Somedays, I get close and somedays, I don't. You will do great. Good luck.
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    i do that all the time!
    i was supposed to have 1200 today and exercise upped it to 1400 something i ate those calories too :/
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    I tried to eat back half of my calories burned this past week.... and when it came time for weigh in this morning... I WAS DOWN ALMOST 4 LBS!!! So, nope you ain't cheating! You are just giving your body fuel to keep burning :-)
  • lestahling
    Options
    Don't feel bad about it - I almost always eat my exercise calories back. If I wasn't hungry I wouldn't, but, I'm always hungry. lol.
  • torrtorrr
    torrtorrr Posts: 33
    Options
    Don't worry about it! you're supposed to eat back those calories..mfp already gives you a calorie deficit to lose the weight. its just your mentality because you feel like your overeating. if mfp didn't initially deduct calories and we had to do it on our own, we'd be eating our calories for the day and then working off calories, making our deficit what it should be. so don't worry, eat them back otherwise your body's running on too little food!
  • jess_steich7
    Options
    Don't worry about it! You are probably fueling your body by eating those calories back anyway. Did you take measurements and before/after pictures? Instead of using the scale measurements and pictures are a great way to see the progress you have made. Plus, you can be losing inches/building muscle which won't show up on the scale. I usually take pics/measurements every 30 days :)

Jessica
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I usually eat some of my exercise calories back. Because if I don't I'm really hungry...lol