That terrible tummy..

Options
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a secret weapon to help get rid of that terrible belly fat? That is one of the main reasons that I am beginning this journey. I definitely am a heavy girl, but I have a shape that compliments me as well. However as of late I have noticed that my belly has gotten the "dunlap disease". lol... And with reason I'm sure. I am a die hard sweets fan. I have been on this "lifestyle change" since Wednesday of last week, and I am proud to say that I think I had 3 M&M's and rice cakes in the way of sweet stuff since then. That is soooooo not my usual intake. So this is definitely something knew to me. However for the most part I have been ok. Sure I have the thoughts and temptations every now and then, but I just try really hard to shift focus from them. I also purchased some Extra gum. That helps satisfy me for a little while, though I may have to chew more than one piece throughout the day. Anyway, looking for any pointers anyone can give to help me start to get this thing under wraps..

Thanks so much in advance!! :)

Replies

• davesgirl82
    Options
    You could take a look at the book "Flat Belly Diet" by Liz Vaccariello. I'm doing well on it.
  • ladyduval
    ladyduval Posts: 10
    Options
    You could take a look at the book "Flat Belly Diet" by Liz Vaccariello. I'm doing well on it.
    ---- Ok. I will look into that. How long have you been doing it?
  • awilliams013
    Options
    My advice, spin classes. I'm a bit bellylicious as well and I love sweets too. I've been doing spin classes and am noticing a big difference. Also, I allow myself a piece of dark chocolate every day to keep my cravings at bay. I just need to have self control not to eat the whole bar.
  • nseuell
    nseuell Posts: 110
    Options
    I second the dark chocolate! One or two small squares can keep you from feeling deprived and bingeing!
  • davesgirl82
    Options
    Since January 31, 2011. I have lost 6 inches and 6 lbs. of body fat.
  • ladyduval
    Options
    My advice, spin classes. I'm a bit bellylicious as well and I love sweets too. I've been doing spin classes and am noticing a big difference. Also, I allow myself a piece of dark chocolate every day to keep my cravings at bay. I just need to have self control not to eat the whole bar.
    ---- Ok. Wow. I don't know if I am ready for that just yet. How long do you have to spin? I may not be able to go the whole time, and wouldn't want to waste the funds. I will look into it though. thats so awesome that you can control yourself with the sweets. I have to say, I tried those M&M's (the new pretzel ones. just had too :)) .. But I knew what I am trying to do with my life, so after eating the 3 I just gave them over to the children. It was a yay me moment! Thanks for the info though. I really appreciate it.
  • davesgirl82
    Options
    I have also been working out for 30 minutes 7 times a week. Most recently I added 2-3 Curves Zumba classes to my schedule. It is really working those target areas.
  • ladyduval
    Options
    Since January 31, 2011. I have lost 6 inches and 6 lbs. of body fat.
    -- Ok. Thats cool. I just googled it. I am going to see if they have it here locally. Thanks again.
  • ladyduval
    Options
    I have also been working out for 30 minutes 7 times a week. Most recently I added 2-3 Curves Zumba classes to my schedule. It is really working those target areas.
    -- Ok. Yea I thought about Zumba also. Seems liek it woudl be fun.That is so awesome that you are working out 7 days a week. Seems like you are doing a lot/staying active. That is awesome.
  • cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

You've seen a big difference in your stomach from doing spin classes?? I've been wanting to try that for a while now and just haven't but I think your post just pushed me! Have you been doing anything else that could have aided in the difference in your stomach or just spinning? Thanks!
  • shadyhunie
    Options
    Low carbs, high protein with power walking, possibly jogging as well! I have a sweet tooth from hell atleast once a month for a week so I have noticed if i eat an apple when i wake up it really does help throughout the day with my cravings.. Just never let ur blood sugar get too low =0)