A whole lot to lose

Options
I was just wondering if there are any other people out there who have a WHOLE lot to lose. I need to lose around 200 lbs. It's a whole different ball park than losing 20 or 30 lbs. Is there anyone else out there like me?

Replies

• victorialewis06
    Options
    I have right at 160 to lose :) I wish it wasnt that much but oh well! It is kinda a scary thing.
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I need about 155 to be at my ideal weight for my hieght. I'm 5'4". Add me if you would like, we prolly have a lot in common.
  • mowrynation
    Options
    Hi,
    I have 72 pounds to remove! I removed 8 lbs so far, 4 since starting MFP.

Always nice to have friends to support!
    You can do it!!

All the Best
    Gail in NY
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have about 38 left to lose but I've already lost 123.. So yeah, I suppose so. Lol.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    When i first started this my goal was 127 pounds away. I would really like to lose 15 pounds more than my goal weight but I will decide how far I want to go once I get there because 127 pounds as much as it is sounds more attainable than 147 pounds. I am taking it one day at a time and seeing where it will take me. You can do this too :-) Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    same ballpark just longer game i had 70 to lose and 34 down think about what you are going to do the next minute, hour, day, week ... not next year think of the short game weigh in every 2 weeks get a hrm with chest strap log everything and learn this lifestyle day by day choice by choice. friend me facebook me skype me if you need some one to talk to or run stuff by
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    i need to lose 173 and so far i have lost 27!! yay im in that boat with you
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had 250 lbs to lose when I started. I have lost 116 lbs so far. Still a LONG way to go, so I know how you feel!
  • DarcyA66
    DarcyA66 Posts: 1
    Options
    When I started trying to loose weight I had 122lbs to loose... being ALMOST 5'0" tall that was about half my overall weight.

I still have 85 to go...
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    I have 130
    so far i am only at 68.
    i wish you luck it's not easy,nor is it overnight!
    work on it,before you know it 6 months will have passed.
  • Jlsalvo
    Jlsalvo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100, have lost 15. You can do it!
  • wongsuzy
    wongsuzy Posts: 12
    Options
    It doesn't matter if you have 20lbs or 200lbs to lose, take it day by day and do the best you can, Stay positive,do what exercise you can manage, plan your meals well and stay in contact with people on MFP because we are all here to help each other.
  • jenjjk2
    jenjjk2 Posts: 1
    Options
    My name is Jennifer I started at 225 the most ever in my life, I am only 26- I am currently down to 189 and have about 30 or 40 more to lose. It's going so slow but mostly because I didnt get it in my mind THIS IS A LIFESTYLE CHANGE not a diet. Now I am hopefully on track. We shall see!
  • LoveLiftedMe
    Options
    I have 140 pounds to lose, and I've lost 4 pounds in one month. You can do it!:happy:
  • sewse
    sewse Posts: 2
    Options
    I have 120 pounds to lose. I have only been on here a few days. The exercise has gotten a bit easier. The food intake is not going well at all.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    57 of 100 even gone. There are many of us. Just keep on going and soon you really notice the difference. When I started I could not finish 10 minutes on a mild incline on a treadmill. Now I routinely row 6-8 miles, followup with bike for 20 minutes, walk 3-4 times a week. it get to be the thing you look forward to because the reward is tremendous. PLUS the folks on this website are absolutely the most supportive people I have ever met.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My name is Jennifer I started at 225 the most ever in my life, I am only 26- I am currently down to 189 and have about 30 or 40 more to lose. It's going so slow but mostly because I didnt get it in my mind THIS IS A LIFESTYLE CHANGE not a diet. Now I am hopefully on track. We shall see!
    Thank you Jennifer. I meant to say exactly that but you got it ...nail on the head
  • Karinon18
    Karinon18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ugh...Yep, I have over 100 lbs to lose :( Not fun times constantly having to watch what you eat though. I love exercising but I love eating! lol
  • snookemz
    snookemz Posts: 82
    Options
    I started out at 405 and I'm at 376 right now :) still 200 to lose but this site is helping a ton - very motivational and inspirational! I've been here just over 60 days and I've lost 29lbs - not too shabby! I like that I'm not dropping 8lbs a week or something crazy!! I wanted to lose 2lbs a week but some weeks have been more - I hope to hit the 2lbs a week thing and stay on that track until I'm done! (wishful thinking but still :p )
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I started with 130lbs to lose, now I am under 100 lbs left to lose. This site will help you reach your goals if you have the desire.