Protein Shake suggestions please :)

Options
ace175
ace175 Posts: 518 Member
Hello all! This week when I go grocery shopping I am going to venture into the world of protein powder! I was just wondering if anyone has any delicious suggestions they'd like to share with me! :)

Replies

• UcallMeJay
    Options
    BSN Syntha-6 is great.
    Taste good in water and is amazing in milk.
    Kinda pricey but it is the best,
    And when it comes to flavors, chocolate is usually the best.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    my all time fav is jay robb :)
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I really reaaaaally like Absolute Isolate in vanilla. It tastes and smells just like vanilla cupcakes to me, and it blends well with pretty much anything you can possibly think of to put in a blender haha! (Trust me, I've even made it with avocados and it was deeeelish!)
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    try to go to a health food store or GNC or something like that, where they know what they are talking about. its better to buy a good quality product than spend less $ and get a not-so-great one.

Optimum Nutrition makes good stuff (ON). Or EAS - some think its good, some don't. I think BSN makes good stuff too. I use Precision ISO - Pro, and it's easy on the stomach and supposed to be good quality.

Mine is pretty much a pure protein drink - no carbs.
  • DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Options
    I like the chocolate EAS Myoplex can be bought at walmart for 10$ I mix one scoop with 8oz 1% milk after every work out and it keeps me full and helps with muscle healing.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Chocolate soy protein from walmart. Taste good and cheap :)
  • Kea_Renea
    Options
    :smile: I've lost 42 lbs since November. I started taking protein shakes in January. I tried many brands at GNC and even ready made protein shakes such as Jillian Michaels and Special K. I've been using the Herbalife Protein Shakes for the past 2 months. You would probably want to google your zipcode for an dealer/location to purchase them. They are DELICIOUS!! My personal favorite is the Formula 1 Cafe Latte! I add English Toffee Stevia Sweetener, Ice and blend! I use water instead of milk (for a lower calorie intake) and the shake is still DELICIOUS!! My 14 year old son drinks them more than I do!! I am big on "sweets" so if say it's good...trust me....it's good!! If you like Starbucks, you'll LOVE this protein shake!! Good luck shopping for a winner! :smile:
  • trishie66
    Options
    Totally, Im the protein diva! ;)

Matrix by Syntrax are the best quality, but can run alot. You can buy them online if you buy lots, you get free shipping! Otherwise, I do the Body Fortress stuff at Walmart. Theres vanilla, strawberry, chocolate. Also Six Star protein at Walmart has chocolate, vanilla, banana, cookies and cream, choc/peanutbutter, strawberry. You can grab some sugar free Torani syrups at the grocery store or World market for more fun flavors and doctor them up! I do choc/raspberry, vanilla/caramel, strawberry/banana, vanilla/pumpkin pie...... the list goes on! Also, throw the protein in the blender with ice, milk, and fruits of your choice if you have the calories to spare! YUM!!!
  • Victoria1020
    Victoria1020 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there....

I have a website that has a wonderful shake that you can purchase. It's an energizer bunny, a meal replacement, vitamins and nutrients and it tastes great! The site is www.myshakeology.com/vwhitten.
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I think the most logical suggestion would be to find a flavor that you know you already like (before venturing into tastes you're not sure of) and look for one that has zero grams of sugar, zero-to-2 grams of fat, is not sweetened with aspartame, and serves up between 20-30 grams of protein per scoop.

Some brand names include:

Wieder
    Body Fortress
    IsoFemme
    Nitro-Tech
    Eas Whey
    Designer Protein
    Vega
    100% Whey
  • Lutiebelle
    Lutiebelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I've been trying some different things in terms of a protein shake. Ever since Bill Phillips put out his nutrition book, I've been a EAS fan. I'm no scientist but I feel they put out a great product which I enjoy. I've tried a few other brands but always come back to EAS Myoplex or just their Whey Protein powder.

I cannot mix it with water or ice, I'm a 100% milk based protein shake guy. While whole milk is nice, thick and creamy, I just don't want the calories right now since I'm still losing weight. I've been using skim milk, and either adding a whole egg or some of the egg whites in a carton (not egg beaters) to thicken it up. I suppose I get a little extra egg protein in there which from what I remember, metabolizes at a different rate than whey. So far it's been pretty good and keeping me satisfied for a good amount of time. I've even tried adding PB2 to the mix, but just enjoy the chocolate by itself. I've added ground flax but find that it just sinks to the bottom of the blender so I've stopped adding it...maybe flax oil? I haven't tried that yet.

2 Cups skim milk
    2 scoops protein (26g)
    1 Raw Egg (whole)

Blend for 30 sec...serve. It fills up about 2 tall glasses since the blender adds some airiness to it with the egg in there. Almost like a very light whipped/foamy texture.

This week I'm going to buy some almond milk and give it a try.
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    LOVE 100% whey protein muscle milk,,, chocolate flavor....I buy a huge container at costco it is about $30...mix it with ice and water.,,,,YUMMY and 27 or protein
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BSN Syntha 6!! Banana flavor is my fave but hubby likes chocolate better.

Good luck finding one that you like.
  • kimdummermuth
    Options
    I would recommend the Arbonne Protein shakes.. They are vegan certified 20 grams of Vegan proteins plus 20 essential vitamins and minerals, gluten free, and come in two flavors (chocolate and vanilla) plus two ways you can get it.. powder... which we mix with some fruit and water or ice. I have many receipes or on the go ready to drink. Here is an ingredient list http://www.arbonnemarketing.com/PK/dl/pk/2070_us_eng.pdf
    If your interested let me know you can get a sample to try and can give you more info if you want. Good luck!!!