Suggestions for good workout shoes?

Options
My reward for -5 pounds is new shoes. I am almost there and am starting to look for what I am going to buy. Any suggestions? Do those new shoes I see advertise for weight loss/toning of the legs really work? Do I have to spend lots of money for a good pair, or will something in the $40-$50 range be sufficient?
Looking for two different pairs. First pair to wear to work - work as a nurse and on my feet 8-10 hours a day. And another pair for workouts - elliptical, walking, jogging.
Suggestions?!?

Replies

• alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You mentioned jogging, so I would HIGHLY suggest that you get professionally fitted. I learned the hard way that the wrong pair of shoes can do immediate damage. I just got a new pair a few days ago....there is no charge for the fitting, and I found a pair for $100 that has been HEAVEN to run in. Good luck! :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    As far as running shoes go.. get fitted by a professional. You won't be sorry!!!

For walking shoes, my MIL LOVES her shape up type shoes. Wears them all the time! Those tend to be $50+ and running shoes can run upwards of $80-120 for good ones.

Maybe get the work one's first and the running ones in another 10 pounds or something!! Good luck!
  • chicnsweet83
    Options
    you need to go to a shoe store that will first evaluate your feet and tell you which ones are best. There are different types of shoes and not all will work for you. For example. I am wearing stability running shoes for wide feet. I have a high arch that when I step it actually folds inward at the bottom, which can cause me alot of knee problems. Since i've been wearing them the pain in my right knee has practically vanished!

good luck on shoe hunting!
  • Feger
    Feger Posts: 3
    Options
    Nike Frees XD- so comfortable and you can get the insert that plugs into your ipod and it tracks your distance, calories and pace. They are so cool!
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    VIBRAMS!!!! LOVE ME SOME 5 FINGERS!!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You mentioned jogging, so I would HIGHLY suggest that you get professionally fitted. I learned the hard way that the wrong pair of shoes can do immediate damage. I just got a new pair a few days ago....there is no charge for the fitting, and I found a pair for $100 that has been HEAVEN to run in. Good luck! :)

Could not agree more!!! I got fit for my running shoes and they are awesome! I spent about $100 as well but it is completely worth it.
  • ephifer
    ephifer Posts: 3
    Options
    I would definitely suggest getting fitted by a pro. I never did until recently and I REALLY noticed a difference. There should really be no need to "break in" a new pair of sneakers!! They should just FIT.

The shoe place I went to was called Fleet Feet. I paid about $100, too, but I'm pretty sure that I can find the same shoe for less online, now that I know what I need. Hope that helps!
  • brandiyund
    brandiyund Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i bought a pair of the new kswiss with the little bubble things all over the bottom. by far, these are the most comfortable tennis shoes i've ever worn and well worth the money!