pickle pops?

Options
i've never had one, but i'm thinking YUM! i <3 pickle juice. thinking about making some with my kids over spring break. have you tried them? have you made them? tips?

p.s. blah, blah, blah about the sodium content. i'm not interested in comments about that. thanks.

Replies

• LaylaClapton
    Options
    What are they? I've never heard of pickle pops before.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    don't feel bad; i just heard about them tonight from a friend. :) they are a popsicle made from pickle juice and the 'guts' of the pickle. not sure how much 'gut' and how much juice. lol. if i can find a recipe, i'll let you know how they turned out.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    sounds like they could be yummy. I love pickles and pickle flavored chips so why not pickle pops. I just might have to try and make some.
  • Greyhawkk
    Greyhawkk Posts: 34
    Options
    Brine water dosent freeze well...but it sounds interesting
  • smashmay
    smashmay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm from the south and pickle pops are very common! You can also just get the small paper cups (ramekin size) and freeze the juice in there. It ends up getting slushy so it's easier to eat that way. Also you can just buy a jar of pickles (whole, chips, spears, whatever) and pour that juice out. So yummy! We used to have them at the ball park.
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    Have you ever made Kool-Aid pickles? It's fun (if you like playing around in the kitchen) and they turn these amazing colors. It makes this salty-sour-sweet flavor that is one of my favorite combination of tastes. I have just done cherry and fruit punch, since the red color is so striking.

Same caveat, yes, high in both sugar and sodium as well as artificial as all get out.