OT: Bloating?

Options
Hey MFP Members!

Well, no matter what I do or eat, I retain (at LEAST) five pounds of water everyday, and sometimes the majority of it isn't gone by the next morning when I hope on the scale to weigh myself. Any tips for flushing out the excess water? I can only get an accurate weigh in like once every three weeks, and it's rather frustrating now.

Replies

• mellybiene
    Options
    I heard you shouldn't drink water about 2 hours before you sleep because it leaves you bloated. And I think there's also foods you can eat to make you feel less bloated, you should search it up :>
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am kinda having the same problem, not as many pounds. I usually have about 2 pounds but not everyday. Are you going over on your sodium? That is my problem. Do you have blood pressure issues? You may need to go and see a doctor and get a prescription for some fluid pills. I hope that helps.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    For me it's all sodium. When I limit sodium to 1500mg/day, which is VERY tough to do, I don't retain. But my only gauge of water retention is bloating. My body will waver within a 7-lb. window from day to day, which is quite normal for women, so maybe just chillax on looking at the scale so much?