Weight and measurements

Options
Didnt have time for my official weigh in day, so I did it this morning and took measurements. Weight is up a little bit from yesterday, which was up from last week. My measurements arent really going down...after the initial 1/2 inch that they did in the beginning. Wonder what is up with that? I see everyone posting that they lost such and such in their waist....and I wonder why mine arent moving down? As far as the weight, could I be building muscle this quickly? I mean, I do see some in my legs now, where I didnt have them before, but even my leg measurements havent changed??? I know it could be water weight....tom is next week, maybe that has something to do with it..but my god, i drink a gallon of water each day, most days.

Replies

• sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try tracking your sodium, you may be consuming more than you realize! Thus causing the water weight!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try tracking your sodium, you may be consuming more than you realize! Thus causing the water weight!

So true!!! If your Retaining water that will make ths scale go up, cause bloating all over the body and can cause body fat testings to be off. Lots of water Drink it and watch the salt :-)
  • tmagie
    tmagie Posts: 3
    Options
    my weight is not moving either........I don't exercise as much as I should, so I know it is not muscle. I spoke to my GI about it - he seemed stumped. Perhaps it's my thyroid - I have been treated for underactive thyroid for over 15 years - time to get my annual levels checked. Anyway, we need to hang in there........things will get moving again, I am sure!
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    If you have started doing a lot of exercise that you were not doing before then your muscles will adapt by storing more glycogen (sugar) and water so that they can go further and faster the next time. This is what is supposed to happen as your muscles adapt to the exercise. It is also not the same thing as bloating.

When I first start exercising after not doing anything for a while I normally gain four to six pounds in the first couple of weeks.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I know its not my sodium. I am always under..as I track that on my food tracker. I also have cut out using ALL salt.