I DID IT!!!!!

Options
So... I know it's not a HUGE accomplishment or anything, but.....

I FINISHED MY FIRST DAY OF COUCH 2 5K!!!!!

I was listening to a nice Christian Indie Podcast where he tells you when to walk and when to run, and it was quite enjoyable!! I was a bit out of breath at the end, but I finished! In total for day 1, I walked/jogged 1 3/4 miles, burned 340 calories, had an average speed of 3.3mph and a max speed of 7.5mph!

I am INCREDIBLY proud of myself!!! :-D

Replies

• han182
    han182 Posts: 82
    Options
    Well done you!!! It's not little, it's huge :)

Happy Jogging x
  • lulu64uk
    lulu64uk Posts: 62
    Options
    Well done you :o))))

An achievement, is an achievement, whether big or small
  • kelscot30
    kelscot30 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Also encourages you not to eat anything you shouldn't as you know you've done all that hard work! Keep it up! x
  • nachoqtpie
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! ^.^
    My hubs, kids, and I took our dogs walking last night as well... and I did a little bit of jogging with my dog.
    I'm just happy I did it! I was supposed to start yesterday, but, I couldn't sleep and ended up not doing it. I thought that I would chicken out this morning and reset my alarm!! But, I really did it! :-D *does a happy dance*
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Options
    Fantastic!
    Every small step takes you that bit closer to your goal.
    Keep it up :drinker:
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome..I'm doing it too and today was supposed to be day 1 of week 2...but I did a body pump class first and just could only make it for half way..but I will make it tomorrow I'm determined to run a 5k in May..so I don't have much time to slack off!
    Congrats It took me about a month to focus and get the first week in all in one week haha.
  • char71165
    char71165 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes you did!!! Great accomplishment. It is good that you are proud of yourself. Rock on!!!
  • nachoqtpie
    Options
    Kerrymh- I also want to run a 5k in May!! My husband is military and is also a Wounded Warrior... and the run is to benefit them! After that I'm going to keep training and HOPEFULLY do a 10k with a friend of mine in August! Maybe next year I will be able to do the half marathon!! (Okay... I'm getting a little ahead of myself... LOL)

Thanks for all the encouragement guys!! I'm really excited about actually being able to do it!! I never ever thought I could have ever done it!
  • proudofmom
    Options
    oh my gosh! I was just wondering this am if there was a podcast that told you when to walk /run for the couch to 5K. Can you tell me the link?
  • primus_guy
    primus_guy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    great job!! my wife is currently doing this too and almost finished. She's looking forward to begin running outside to prep for her first 5K. well done.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I found mine (podcast) just by googling "couch to 5K podcast" and I loved the way it helped me stay motivated. MUCH easier than doing it with a timer!!!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Great job! It is no easy thing to start running.

Congrats on quitting smoking too!
  • bobbijo72
    bobbijo72 Posts: 63
    Options
    So... I know it's not a HUGE accomplishment or anything, but.....

I FINISHED MY FIRST DAY OF COUCH 2 5K!!!!!

I was listening to a nice Christian Indie Podcast where he tells you when to walk and when to run, and it was quite enjoyable!! I was a bit out of breath at the end, but I finished! In total for day 1, I walked/jogged 1 3/4 miles, burned 340 calories, had an average speed of 3.3mph and a max speed of 7.5mph!

I am INCREDIBLY proud of myself!!! :-D

awesome.. that sounds like something i could use.. where do you get a podcast like that.
  • LadyDianag
    LadyDianag Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I can't wait to be able to show some accomplishments.. Keep it up :wink:
  • nachoqtpie
    Options
    For those of you asking about where to get podcasts...
    You can do a search on google for Couch 2 5k podcasts, and the C25K website does give you some as well! Here's their website http://www.c25k.com
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congrats on your great accomplishment!!! You have become my new hero because I have NEVER been able to run, overweight or not! Even as a kid I hated recess on 'relay race day' because I would always be the on to make my team lose. About a wk and 1/2 ago, I started jogging in place for 2 mins and today I can do 20 WHOLE mins non stop!!!! I can't even imagine myself going as far as you have...I'm sending you a HAPPY HIGH FIVE 'cause you deserve it.....YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congrats on your great accomplishment!!! You have become my new hero because I have NEVER been able to run, overweight or not! Even as a kid I hated recess on 'relay race day' because I would always be the on to make my team lose. About a wk and 1/2 ago, I started jogging in place for 2 mins and today I can do 20 WHOLE mins non stop!!!! I can't even imagine myself going as far as you have...I'm sending you a HAPPY HIGH FIVE 'cause you deserve it.....YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • nachoqtpie
    Options
    *giggle* Thanks!!
    It wasn't exactly a high speed pace... my max speed was 7.5mph but my average was 3.3mph. So, on AVERAGE... it was just slightly more than a walk! LOL
  • nachoqtpie
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 complete!!

I'm SO stinkin proud of myself!! I lost almost a pound and a half last week as well!! WOOT!!! *dances a lil jig*
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Well done,thats great :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!